SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Favorite" Breakfast for Dinner/Supper
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Favorite" Breakfast for Dinner/Supper Login/Join 
posted
All of the threads about food has me thinking which "breakfast" food is my favorite for dinner/supper. While I love biscuits and gravy anytime, I'd have to say that french toast with "real" maple syrup is at the top of my list followed by corned beef hash topped with eggs "up" (New England style)

What's yours...

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Cracker Barrel country boy breakfast with pork chops. I like to have the pork chops on the biscuits and and then some gravy on a biscuit. They have sadly cut their menu most every where and eliminated the pork chops.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Good o'fashion B&G is a big hit in my house anytime!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Loaded omelets.

Offer me a stuffed western omelet and home fries for supper and I'll never say no to that!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pancakes, typically.

Haven't had good B&G in a long time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Chorizo con juevos, por favor. Anybody know where I can find a Mexican place with an all-day breakfast menu?

Backup is scrambled eggs with hot sauce, wheat toast, and a side of grits. That's like my standard road trip dinner.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Variety is the spice of a breakfast meal. I pick and choose as the mood dictates. Big Grin

2 or 3 eggs (sunny side up, scrambled, poached, or as an omelet: cheese, western, loaded, etc.), meat (steak, ham, bacon, sausage), hearty side (biscuits and gravy, corned beef hash, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, french toast), bagel or toast (with butter, cream cheese, and/or jelly), fresh fruit (banana, orange, grapes, cantaloupe, etc.), juice (orange or apple), coffee, muffin (blueberry, etc.).

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A BIG cup of coffee, I mean a BIG cup to jump start the motor, plus a 6oz glass of real Florida Orange Juice and a toasted English Muffin with Irish butter.

That's it for me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

THIS!!!

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's a toss-up between either a steak, cheese, and bell peppers omelet, or a couple egg and cheese biscuits consisting of scrambled eggs on buttermilk biscuits topped with a little black pepper and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Chicken Fried Steak and gravy with 2 eggs over easy and potatoes O'Brian. The eggs and potatoes sprinkled liberally with TryMe Cajun Sunshine pepper sauce.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
omelet with a light salad

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I love a version of Eggs Benedict, using smoked salmon or Lox or Norwegian Salmon instead of the Canadian Bacon.

I call it Eggs Nova Scotia, you may see or hear of it referred to as Nova Lox Benedict or Smoked Salmon Eggs Bendeict or some version of.

Try it.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
potatoes O'Brian

Who's that, your brother?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
2 scrambled
Ribeye
Hash browns w/ Cheese & Sautéed onions
Texas toast
REAL butter
Local raw honey
Hot coffee with real heavy cream

Posts: 6306 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
We eat a lot of eggs around here. Omelets, scrambled, over easy, etc.... with 16 chickens running around, we have more eggs than we know what to do with.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Waffles or pancakes and sausage.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ditto the French toast....

Had it many times for early dinner in the Summer before a long bike ride.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
All of the threads about food has me thinking which "breakfast" food is my favorite for dinner/supper. While I love biscuits and gravy anytime, I'd have to say that french toast with "real" maple syrup is at the top of my list followed by corned beef hash topped with eggs "up" (New England style)

What's yours...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Corned beef hash and poached eggs with a side of Hash Browns

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
What's a B&G?

Bagels and G---?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post