SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has this place changed much? Any other chefs here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has this place changed much? Any other chefs here? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has this place changed much?

Well, in my experience, most people who start a new thread check back in on it to see what others have to say.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
A bunch of people lost a bunch of weight

And even more lost hair and gained weight.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8401 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Speaking of chefs I have been invited to a James Beard Foundation dinner in a few weeks. Is it worth going?
PS welcome back.

It should be a good time for you.

Cooking at the James Beard House in NYC is actually a pretty big honor for the chef world.

I worked at a fine-dining restaurant in northern New Jersey that was selected to cook a special dinner there at James Beard’s townhouse in Manhattan in 1998. It was a very cool experience, I’m glad I got to be a part of it.

I kept thinking, “if these walls could talk”, because that place was where Julia Child and James Beard and all these other big names of that era used to hang out and drink wine and cook and discuss food.

Posts: 33897 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome home!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Well, in my experience, most people who start a new thread check back in on it to see what others have to say.

Sorry been overwhelmed with work projects. Sometimes it's busy and other times it's incredibly slow.

I think I see some familiar names here and while browsing through other topics of interest.

For a while I was the premier celebrity chef on Arfcom GD then I got banned due to my hollywood stylied hair and perfectly toned body.

Posts: 1478 | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thorazine:
quote:
quote:

For a while I was the premier celebrity chef on Arfcom GD then I got banned due to my hollywood stylied hair and perfectly toned body.
So you and Emeril don't resemble each other much? Wink

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Thorazine:
quote:
quote:

So you and Emeril don't resemble each other much? Wink

flashguy

Mario Batali like ?

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post