SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where Do You Carry Your Phone?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Do You Carry Your Phone? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Phone is in back pocket or hand. Rarely in coat pocket. I remove it from back pocket when sitting whether desk, couch, or car. Wallet is usually in coat pocket. If not there it's in my front pocket. Checkbook? Wife and I write under 20 checks a year. There's no reason to carry it anywhere.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wallet in front pocket, checkbook (if I have it) in cargo pocket, and I am always armed. Phone still hangs on the kitchen wall.

Posts: 794 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Phone in front left pocket.

Wallet in front right pocket.

What's a checkbook? (Kidding. Big Grin I write less than 1 check per year on average.)

Posts: 33151 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I also carry 2 phones. Most of the time, a windbreaker with pockets is where they are. Wallet is low profile, front pocket.

Posts: 4102 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my desk at home. It's not allowed in my car.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I carry my phone in my right shirt pocket most days. I only buy work shirts with 2 pockets.

Dress shirts, it goes in the single pocket or if wearing a blazer/suit jacket, in the inside left pocket.

And you can assume if I have clothes on, I have a minimum of 1 firearm on my person.

Posts: 11293 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t carry mine and I don’t want it close to my person. I carried my phone in my left shirt pocket for years. 2015 we found Adenocarcinoma in the upper left lung. Was treated in Houston at MD Anderson. They put small tattoos (dots) in the center of my chest and each armpit to line up the radiation machines. Last July I was in a small aircraft crash and thought I broke a rib. Chest X-ray revealed a cracked rib and the same type of cancer in the upper right lobe. Right behind the opposite pocket. The tattoos matched up exactly. Just on the opposite side. I remember people saying the phones would give us brain cancer. So in December we did radiation on the right lung. Coincidence? I don’t believe it.

Posts: 145 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Phone is always in the front left pocket, screen toward my leg.
Wallet, spyderco ladybug, and jeep key are always in my right front pocket.
Work keys are in the rear right pocket.
Headphones in rear left pocket.
I just looked and the last check I wrote was 02/01/2022. Checkbook stays in the desk drawer.
Morning walks with my wife, I ALWAYS carry a gun (Kimber Micro 9 in a RGrizzle War Pig Holster) for dog protection. If we go to Phoenix, I usually always carry. Aside of that, it’s rare for me to carry.

Reading this thread I see there are a lot of people that worry about breaking their phone. I pay $13.49 a month for Apple Care plus theft/loss for an iPhone 15 Pro (current phone). I have broken my phone twice in the last two years. I had a replacement in hand within 24 hours, both times.(I was fortunate enough to have broken it before 4pm Pacific Time). Restore new phone from backup and an hour later I am putting the broken one in the box with the label they supply.
I’m not an Apple spokesperson, but for $14 a month, it makes the phone situation completely stress free. (I carry my phone in a tech21 case, as without it I would probably break it monthly).

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4404 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Most of the time I have two iPhones on me. Roll Eyes .

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but the new iPhones (with eSIM) are capable of having two phone numbers on the same phone, so you don’t have to carry two phones.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4404 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Who's carrying around a checkbook?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't carry a checkbook on my person. The only thing I have to write checks for is my rent. With online banking everything else is optional.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always had an Otter box and screen protector on my phone from the day I got my first iPhone . I have never broken a phone or cracked a screen . I carry in my back pocket most of the time . NO checkbook ever , and I carry a gun some of the time .

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
I carry my phone in my right shirt pocket most days. I only buy work shirts with 2 pockets.

Dress shirts, it goes in the single pocket or if wearing a blazer/suit jacket, in the inside left pocket.

And you can assume if I have clothes on, I have a minimum of 1 firearm on my person.

That's me too, but I seldom wear dress shirts these days.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I carry my phone in a leg/cargo pocket, and when I do, it is always in airplane mode.

I carry my wallet in a front pocket, and I don’t carry a checkbook.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1222 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend carried her phone in her bra for many years and developed breast cancer in the immediate area. She is quite sure that it was caused by the phone. I have a pacemaker defibrillator implanted and for safety's sake do not carry the phone in my left breast shirt pocket. Don't know if the alignment magnet might be strong enough to affect the pacemaker but choose not to risk finding out so it is generally in my cargo pockets.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2954 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but the new iPhones (with eSIM) are capable of having two phone numbers on the same phone, so you don’t have to carry two phones.

That would be worse than two phones.

Posts: 21410 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I cannot answer because... it depends!

Wearing jeans or conventional shorts: I'll carry it in my right rear pocket while standing, then pull it out when sitting or driving.

When driving: it goes into a phone holder on the dash; not driving means it will usually get put on a table or other flat surface beside me.

Cargo shorts: drop it in the lower right leg pocket unless driving, then in the dash mount.

In the winter: when wearing a coat with pockets, it goes in the right-hand pocket.

Posts: 4810 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Phone in back pocket, remove to hand when sitting down. No wallet, money clip with cash, two cards and license in front left pocket. Keys in right. Wallet with insurance cards, one check and other BS in backpack which goes with me most everywhere due to work.

That will change when retired, but I don't need all that shit immediately even then.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
yep phone and wallet in fact just the wallet nowadays.
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Phone in back pocket, remove to hand when sitting down. No wallet, money clip with cash, two cards and license in front left pocket. Keys in right. Wallet with insurance cards, one check and other BS in backpack which goes with me most everywhere due to work.

That will change when retired, but I don't need all that shit immediately even then.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2440 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Most of the time I have two iPhones on me. Roll Eyes .

I'm going to look into this, see if porting my VOIP line over to t-Mobil as a eSim number will save any $$ and at the least eliminate one more service I deal with.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post