SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where Do You Carry Your Phone?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Do You Carry Your Phone? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

I just want to say “nice ass” V-Tail*. You know, it’s funny how we create an image for someone we’ve never seen. I don’t have a specific image for you, but I just didn’t imagine that you’d have an ass that you could bounce a quarter off of.
*Trying to think of a way to let you down gently. I'm already spoken for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
This thread is begging for an EDC drop photo...

P229 Legion (holster varies by occasion) carried @4
BUG - in this case LCP2, but often a S&W 637 - RF pocket with the Infidel
In pants without a special pocket...LF pocket is real wallet with P229 Mag & Leatherman K4
Garmin Instinct Crossover Solar Tactical - left wrist
Remembrance bracelet - right wrist
Flashlight special pocket, weak side - LF pocket if forced in which case I move the K4 to the LB pocket.
Dummy wallet, RB pocket. I used to keep enough money to be considered a felony if stolen in it, but either I was misinformed to that amount or it changed to $750. So now I just keep about $7-10 in it. Old ID's, expired and closed or dummy credit cards to banks I no longer have accounts with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13983 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Phone has wallet attached in front left pocket.

Gun is IWB on right side

Left rear is pocket knife

Right rear is usually a magnetic money clip.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3623 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dummy wallet, RB pocket. I used to keep enough money to be considered a felony if stolen in it, but either I was misinformed to that amount or it changed to $750.

Theft statutes usually have a minimum amount to qualify as a felony, but robbery (the scenario, outside of pickpocketing, where you'd likely employ a dummy wallet) is a felony in every state I know of regardless of the amount. So your $7-10 will be plenty to get the job done.

I carry two wallets as well, but all my cop stuff goes in one and normal everyday citizen stuff goes in the other. Wallets get carried in the right front pocket, along with my Kershaw folder. Phone goes in the cargo pocket of my right leg if I'm wearing pants that have one...back pocket if I'm not. I usually take it out when I sit not because it'll break but because it's uncomfortable to sit on.

Gun is IWB at 4:00, car keys and Streamlight Macrostream in left front pocket, reload mag on my left hip.

At work I don't carry the keys or the Macrostream (I have two bigger handheld lights on my duty gear) and a 642 takes their place in the left front pocket.

Posts: 9167 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I picked cargo pocket for the wallet, but in reality, I don't carry it. It's in the car.

Just my phone, in my back pocket. When I need "stuff" I carry an SPI Belt. I don't so much wear it, though I could. I just have it. Wallet, car fob, ear pods, chap stick, etc). Had that with me all last week in the hospital with mom. It was great to have the stuff and not have my pockets stuffed.

Posts: 11431 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
This thread is begging for an EDC drop photo...

P229 Legion (holster varies by occasion) carried @4
BUG - in this case LCP2, but often a S&W 637 - RF pocket with the Infidel
In pants without a special pocket...LF pocket is real wallet with P229 Mag & Leatherman K4
Garmin Instinct Crossover Solar Tactical - left wrist
Remembrance bracelet - right wrist
Flashlight special pocket, weak side - LF pocket if forced in which case I move the K4 to the LB pocket.
Dummy wallet, RB pocket. I used to keep enough money to be considered a felony if stolen in it, but either I was misinformed to that amount or it changed to $750. So now I just keep about $7-10 in it. Old ID's, expired and closed or dummy credit cards to banks I no longer have accounts with.

Unless you’re Law Enforcement, that seems like entirely too much shit to carry. Is the crime rate in Kenai that bad? The extra wallet and second gun seem like an awful lot to add.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4291 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Should have included “Other” option as you can’t complete the poll without answering all questions.

Where I carry my phone depend what I am wearing…

Around the house usually wearing gym shorts, so left front pocket

Out and about, wearing a jacket if the jacket has a breast pocket, that’s where it goes. No jacket breast pocket, shirt breast pocket. Otherwise left back pants pocket or cargo pocket on pants leg if available.

When I am in the car, it is on the magmount charging holder at the center of the console.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11185 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF is a check book? Wink Haven't carried one of those since the 80s, and even then only sparingly.

I also carry a Streamlight Wedge torch and a folder blade, usually a Boker or Kershaw.

-MG

Posts: 2189 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really surprised that no-one has mentioned a horizontal belt holster that allows phone to snap in and out. I know my kids say it looks uncool "kinda like a pocket protector" but it is really functional. Biggest problem I have with it is the snap in lock portion breaks about twice a year and I have to replace it. And since it works best on right side for right handers it can be an "obvious" conflict with other "gear".

Posts: 2005 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wallet; left back pocket.
Folding knife, handkerchief; right back pocket
Phone; left front pocket.
Keys, pocketknife/SAK, light; right front pocket.
Firearm; right IWB.
- shorts: Ruger LCP Max w/ 12 round mags
- pants: P365XL Tacops
Magazines; left IWB.

I normally would keep the light on the left, but it's better to keep that pocket empty so I don't mess up my phone. I have a small pocket organizer that I use for the SAK and Streamlight Microlight in my right pocket that makes it easy to make sure I have them on me all the time.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
Really surprised that no-one has mentioned a horizontal belt holster that allows phone to snap in and out. I know my kids say it looks uncool "kinda like a pocket protector" but it is really functional. Biggest problem I have with it is the snap in lock portion breaks about twice a year and I have to replace it. And since it works best on right side for right handers it can be an "obvious" conflict with other "gear".

I've snapped a few of those clasps myself; had one since I had a Blackberry when it was de rigueur. PHLSter makes a flat pack for an IFAK that I think would be ideal as a base for a cell phone holder, maybe with a magnetic attachment?

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post