SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where Do You Carry Your Phone?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Do You Carry Your Phone? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
The age old carry question, flipped. Not directly gun related, but another piece of kit most of us carry everyday.

I see a lot of people carrying in their back pocket. That looks like it would break when you sit, but I guess it doesn't. Plus, wouldn't it be inconvenient to access when driving?

Several times I have cracked my phone screen protector when I had inadvertently put my phone and keys in the same pocket.

My wife says I carry too many things.

During the winter, it's much more convenient due to the extra jacket pockets.

Question:
Where do you carry your phone?

Choices:
Front Pocket
Back Pocket
Leg-Cargo Pocket
On Belt - Front
On Belt - Side
On Belt - Back

Question:
Where do you carry your wallet?

Choices:
Front Pocket
Back Pocket
Leg-Cargo Pocket

Question:
Do you still carry a check book? (I do)

Choices:
Yes
No
Sometimes

Question:
Do you generally carry a gun?

Choices:
Yes
No
Sometimes
Decline to answer

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I couldn't complete the poll because I usually carry everything in a belt pouch. However, just wanted to point out that damage from carrying in a back pocket is quite common. If I did that I'd be sure to get a very sturdy case.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wallet and phone in front pockets, keys on carabiner on belt loop. Knife and flashlight clipped in front pockets.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Phone in shirt pocket, if I'm wearing a shirt that doesn't have a breast pocket, I'll leave the phone at home (which I do about 50% of the time no matter what I'm wearing).

Posts: 6819 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had to fib on the first question as it wouldn't let me vote unless I answered every question.

Because it's a pain in the ass to carry safely, I don't carry the phone as a matter of routine.

I will fairly often take it to the basement hobby room or the shop with me if I'm going to be a while or I'm expecting a call or suspect I'll want to take a picture. I'm prone to leaving it there and having to go find it when I need it.

I sometimes carry my phone in a shirt pocket, then I have to be careful about bending over and dropping it.

If walking around I will occasionally carry it in a back pants pocket.

I'm paranoid about breaking it so I ALWAYS take it out of any pants pocket before getting in the car or sitting down. More often, I hand carry it and once in the car or truck it goes in one of the trays in the center console. I'm also prone to leaving it in the vehicle and having to go back and get it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15539 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
https://www.simple.be/answer/500

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Phone in right leg “phone” pocket, wallet left leg cargo pocket, no checkbook, and carrying a gun everywhere legally allowed. I carry spare mags in my left pocket, keys in my right pocket, flashlight clipped to left cargo pocket, work ID and pen right cargo pocket, small knife clipped left pocket, standard knife clipped right pocket, gun on hip. My pants weigh a lot haha but I’m used to it, feels weird not having my EDC stuff.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2570 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off body.
No off body option

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Most of the time I have two iPhones on me. Roll Eyes

The larger of the two I wear on my belt. For years now I've mostly bought pants that have cargo pocket or side pockets like carpenters pants, just as a place to keep the phone. Days I'm not wearing them seem longer and frustrating. lol Having ruined one phone sitting on it, I TRY to only keep it in my back pocket while I'm standing. I did two belt cases for a while, but the Batman utility belt look was a pain.

I'll make a conflicting statement and say "I have too much stuff in my front pockets", but also say "I don't put things in my front pockets because I can't get them out." Big Grin Through the course of the day I have several things clipped into my pockets, but the only things down in my pockets are a couple things I will likely not need. I never "carry" change (leave the house with it in the morning) or use it in a store because I can't get it out of my pockets. That's why front pocket carry, front pocket wallets puzzle me, I'd never be able to do that.

Posts: 21410 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
ID/CC in slim wallet in front right zippered pocket. CC, cash in minimal wallet in front right pocket. Folder knife clipped to front right pocket.

Phone front left pocket. Flashlight clipped to front left pocket.

Key (only car; emergency house key in slim wallet) in rear right pocket.

Backup folder (small) clipped inside left cargo pocket. Glass cleaner wipes in left cargo pocket. These contents go into rear left pocket if pants don't have cargo pockets.

Spare mag in mag holster (BFG whisper) OWB on belt.

Thinking about switching - mag in left pocket and phone in a holster on belt.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
SE sized iPhone in a Crumpler pouch - left side belt.

Wallet - back pocket unless traveling, then front.

No checkbook

Knife moves around depending on which one

Small single CR123 discontinued 4Sevens flashlight in front right pocket.

Gun...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wallet (a fabric zipper pouch, actually) in L shirt pocket
iPhone 11 in R shirt pocket
Keys and knife in left front pants pocket
Roscoe in right front pants pocket

Posts: 27195 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted front pocket, but I choose my shirts to enable me to carry my phone in the chest pocket. Or my "shoot me first" vest.
Pants are Carhartt Carpenter type.
Left lower leg pocket: Streamlight Wedge light and Titanium Kubotan.
Left front pocket: Leatherman Wingman.
Right leg pocket: Spyderco Military folder.
Right front pocket: County Comm zip pouch for cash. House keys.
Watch pocket: Jeep key fob
Right rear pocket: Credit card sheath and 3X5 Write in the Rain notepad.
Left Rear pocket: Maxpedition wallet.
Belt is a NexBelt with Glock 48 and spare mag.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I answered your poll but honestly the phone is either intentionally left at home or it’s locked in the vehicle. The pacifier is $1000, which is more expensive than my CCW, spare mag, and knife altogether. In the vehicle it stays unless it’s needed for something. When I do carry it, like at work, it’s in a holster on the belt. But as soon as I’m at my desk, it’s on vibrate, and locked in my desk. The watch is more of my comms device than the phone.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Phone in front right pocket, except on those rare occasions that I pocket carry a pistol.

Keys and flashlight in front left pocket.

Wallet in back left pocket routinely, but I’ll move it to front pocket if I’m in a higher risk environment, like New York, or any crowded area.

I can’t imagine carrying a checkbook today. I write maybe one check per month.

Posts: 3554 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
https://www.simple.be/answer/500

I just want to say “nice ass” V-Tail. You know, it’s funny how we create an image for someone we’ve never seen. I don’t have a specific image for you, but I just didn’t imagine that you’d have an ass that you could bounce a quarter off of.

Posts: 3554 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Wallets are uncomfortable to sit on when driving or especially motorcycling, so that got moved to the left front pocket decades ago. My cell phone is in that same pocket. I am always seeing people carrying phones blatantly sticking up out of their back pockets. That looks vulnerable to thieves as well as being sat upon. Keys and coins go in the right front unless I am carrying a pocket gun, then they go in a back pocket. A belt gun, if carrying one, goes IWB at about 1:00 position, aka appendix.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The feature I really like about Duluth Trading's ballroom khaki pants and shorts is a phone pocket on the right side leg. That's where my phone goes when wearing them and it's perfect!

Otherwise, in a shirt pocket or right front pants pocket until I reach a I can set it in front of me. I try not to keep my phone close to my person unless I'm walking with it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I don't carry a cell phone on me. I have a Trac Phone flip phone that rides in my EDC bag in the car, emergency use only. Goes into the shop when I go to work (nowadays only 1 or 2 days a week).

Wallet in left rear pocket, WCV Gen 5 19 carried daily, year-round at the 3:30 - 4:00 position in either my Kramer horsehide belt scabbard (Spring, Fall and Winter months) or my Sparks SSII IWB holster during the Summer or when I need/want a little more concealment. Off-side mag pouch with 1 spare mag.

Pocket knife and challenge coin in left front pocket, Fenix flashlight in mag pocket of 5.11 pants or shorts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Wallet left front pocket, phone right front pocket. Gun depends on where I'm going and which one I am carrying.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7166 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post