SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A plethora of zucchini
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A plethora of zucchini Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
We use ours to make bread and butter pickles, flavored with chile japon.

Much more crunchy than cucumbers, if you salt and drain them in a colander before pickling them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
Spaghetti alla nerano

This was in the Stanley Tucci Italy documentary. Good documentary, aside from a few non food related things that got my BP up momentarily.

Ever since Stanley Tucci's episode (CNN) that covered this came out, I've made it a several times, solid.

You fry the zucchini the day before, need to refrigerate overnight.

If you want something a bit lighter

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I let everyone go first.
From my Grandma’s recipe

Dice about 8 slices of bacon and cook very well. Remove half the grease.
Add some diced onion. Dice or slice zucchini ( I like to remove some of the peel) and add to pot. Add diced tomatos, corn is optional. Salt and pepper to preference and a pinch of sugar to mellow and let simmer until you can’t resist. Enjoy.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post