SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for range/outdoor pants suitable for summer wear
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for range/outdoor pants suitable for summer wear Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have you looked online at Cabela's. I've used their cargo pants for hot weather hunting and summer wear and had good luck. They have several new varieties including zip off and rip stop.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riggs Ranger pants
Carhartt Carpenter pants
Duluth Trading
If I was stuck with having only brand / type, its the Riggs Ranger pants every time.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16175 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Duluth Trading maybe?

Yes, these are my favorites, the fire hose pants. My favorite everyday wear, for yard work, and also for shooting matches, and also for just going to town. Even here in the 115 degree AZ sun, they are comfortable. And so many pockets you can lose your stuff. I especially like the fact that the main cargo pocket "flaps" are smaller than the pockets, so they fold inside with no bulge at the edges.

Posts: 10809 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Levis work for me.

I guess i'm just not Tacticool though.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4585 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
The 90's just called. They want their cargo pants back. Please don't wear cargo pants out & about unless you are young and slim. And NEVER wear cargo shorts. Thus saith the SF fashionista.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
The 90's just called. They want their cargo pants back. Please don't wear cargo pants out & about unless you are young and slim. And NEVER wear cargo shorts. Thus saith the SF fashionista.

I went skydiving for the first time yesterday and saw parachute pants for the first time since 1989.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am old and not that slim. I wear cargo shorts just about every day. Phone in the starboard cargo pocket, memo pad and maybe key case on the port side. Very handy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30861 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
Check out Duluth Trading Co.'s Dry on the Fly pants.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
The Arcteryx rampart pants are great for hiking and other summer activities. Really light and breathable.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just realized there's a Duluth Trading Co store here too, so I'll check those out too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Tru-spec

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7131 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, nobody would ever suspect cne32507 to be carrying in these

Or these tactical skinny jeans

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12937 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am pretty those person's don't have a "Battle axe". As per an earlier thread. Wink

Probably want to state a price on pants. Many suggested are very good, but fairly expensive. You can find on sale periodically.

Eddie Bauer Guide pants or Kuhl renegades for example.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19307 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Look at what you want from 5.11, VertX, Kuhl, etc, and then find the closest thing in the LA Police Gear brand for 1/3 to 1/4 the price.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post