SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland politician who called 911 over Lyft spat blames ‘white supremacists’
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland politician who called 911 over Lyft spat blames ‘white supremacists’ Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
being put in a position where I have to be the one to look out for my personal safety,” she said. “I didn’t expect the Lyft driver to do it, certainly didn’t expect the police to do it. It was my responsibility to make sure I got home safe.

Confused? When are you not responsible for getting yourself home safely and if she did not expect the police to do it why did she call them?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Were I that Lyft driver I would have been tempted to find the nearest violent riot and park her right smack dab in the middle of it.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
should have called a social worker.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
should have called a social worker.

Or a therapist/counselor.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hardesty — who also oversees Portland’s emergency dispatch system — has repeatedly campaigned to slash Portland’s police budget, as the city has been overwhelmed by sometimes violent clashes between far-left and far-right protesters.

quote:
The driver took and exit and stopped at an open gas station. He pointed out it was his right to refuse service and she could call for another Lyft driver. Instead she called 911. The dispatcher told her this wasn’t a 911 call and that no crime had been committed. Meanwhile the driver called 911 reported his fare was refusing to get out of the car.

Can't make stuff like this up.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
She will be suing the Lyft driver and getting the 911 dispatcher fired or something like that.

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post