SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FedEx lost my gun
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx lost my gun Login/Join 
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

How do guys living in remote rural areas ship guns?

Both SIG and Kahr provide shipping labels for servicing / repairs. SIG uses FedEx, while I do not recall if FedEx or UPS is used by Kahr. The closest place to drop them off for shipping is around an 80 minute drive away. As I shop quite frequently on Amazon et al., it is rare that I do not see the UPS or Fedex drivers at home within a week, so I just give the packaged handgun to them. (A pickup can be scheduled for $10-15, but it's just as well to buy something online.)

Now if I ever get around actually selling a firearm, I would probably use http://www.shipmygun.com/ (which I learned about on SIGfourum) and summon the FedEx driver via online purchase. The closest FFL is over 30 miles away, so SMG would be preferable to that option.

I've sent and received around 5 pistols to SIG via FedEx with no problems other than their 2-day Priority service taking longer than 2 working days.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Lots of y'all really do need to get acquainted with a local FFL to handle things like this. Even if you get a label from Sig, etc..if you end up making a claim you'll go through the kind of BS the OP is. Years ago, before getting the FFL/SOT, I went to a Fed Ex hub to ship a handgun. It cost me a fortune and I still had to inform them on how to do their job. As an FFL, I often ship handguns for as little as $20-$25. I insure every gun and obviously keep meticulous records. If it disappears while USPS has it, its on them and the ATF.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

How do guys living in remote rural areas ship guns?

Both SIG and Kahr provide shipping labels for servicing / repairs. SIG uses FedEx, while I do not recall if FedEx or UPS is used by Kahr. The closest place to drop them off for shipping is around an 80 minute drive away. As I shop quite frequently on Amazon et al., it is rare that I do not see the UPS or Fedex drivers at home within a week, so I just give the packaged handgun to them. (A pickup can be scheduled for $10-15, but it's just as well to buy something online.)

Now if I ever get around actually selling a firearm, I would probably use http://www.shipmygun.com/ (which I learned about on SIGfourum) and summon the FedEx driver via online purchase. The closest FFL is over 30 miles away, so SMG would be preferable to that option.

I've sent and received around 5 pistols to SIG via FedEx with no problems other than their 2-day Priority service taking longer than 2 working days.

^^^This.
I use SMG for everything. Overnight typically costs me $40 or so insured.
Doesn't help you, nor is this pertinent to this thread, really, but maybe something for the future?

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I shipped guns that I sold. From me (individual) to FFL or manufacturer, I had to take the to the FBI or UPS hub.....they then shipped them from there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post