SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FedEx lost my gun
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx lost my gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, a CUT might cheer you up a bit. You can have one, if you so desire.

In all honesty, that did put a smile on my face after the frustrating afternoon. Thank you for the kind gesture.

"Frustrated by FedEx" Big Grin

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! I'm overly paranoid and constantly check the tracking when I ship firearms (even if I shipped through an FFL) because of horror stories like this. I hope it resolves at least somewhat to your satisfaction!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, a CUT might cheer you up a bit. You can have one, if you so desire.

"Stolen from my Heart but not Forgetting You."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here, many of the Fed-X trucks are owned by a franchise type of person. They in turn hire the drivers. They're Fed-X trucks, but the employment relationship is different than UPS where they just hire their own drivers. One of the reasons for air (and in a plain cardboard box) is that the shipments don't "winter over" so to speak for the weekends, thus allowing fewer folks the thought "should I steal this".

Hope you get it back. At least you weren't sending your P210 to Bruce Grey for tune up. That would slurp even worse.

Good luck!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I would never again trust them.

Unfortunately, every major carrier out there has "lost" valuable parcels, surely including firearms. I'd completely understand the desire to never use FedEx again, but switching from one to another is no guarantee you won't actually increase the chances of future shipments going missing. Every day there are probably people who switch from UPS to FedEx, and vice versa, because they got burned by one or the other. Would be interesting to know if there's any published data on the frequency of lost parcels for the major carriers.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I would never again trust them.

Unfortunately, every major carrier out here has "lost" valuable parcels, surely including firearms. I'd completely understand the desire to never use FedEx again, but switching from one to another is no guarantee you won't actually increase the chances of future shipments going missing. Every day there are probably people who switch from UPS to FedEx, and vice versa, because they got burned by one or the other. Would be interesting to know if there's any published data on the frequency of lost parcels for the major carriers.

The issue seems to be not so much that they lost it, but how FedEx is actually handling it after the fact. It sounds like their customer service is a bit on the bummer side.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'ma go down to the Super WalMart, around the back where they've got all the discarded boxes. Gonna get me a box that a gross of Bounty Paper Towels shipped in.

Try and steal that sumbitch from FedEx. I'd like to see someone try to ease that package off the line without being noticed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I choose an in person visit for 30 minutes , over 4 hours of frustrating phone calls , almost every-time.

then you can ask for the boss in person , and then you can ask for his boss, and then you can ask for the corporate directory to speak to all of their bosses

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that I'm sure EVERY shipping provider has lost thousands or packages.. My only problem with FedEx is their customer service people are probably the biggest group of idiots I've ever spoken to.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Around here, many of the Fed-X trucks are owned by a franchise type of person. They in turn hire the drivers. They're Fed-X trucks, but the employment relationship is different than UPS where they just hire their own drivers. One of the reasons for air (and in a plain cardboard box) is that the shipments don't "winter over" so to speak for the weekends, thus allowing fewer folks the thought "should I steal this".

Hope you get it back. At least you weren't sending your P210 to Bruce Grey for tune up. That would slurp even worse.

Good luck!

That's Fedex Ground.....not Express!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
File a police report AND with the BATF.

Depending on the laws in your state - you may want to contact an attorney regarding YOUR liability for a firearm that is lost or stolen (lost gun law or some such).

Naturally all cost should be bourne by FedEx

I doubt the ATF will care.

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx accepted the shipment knowing it was a firearm.

Scans show it was in their possession.

Now they won't pay up?

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Did you ship next day air?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I agree that I'm sure EVERY shipping provider has lost thousands or packages.. My only problem with FedEx is their customer service people are probably the biggest group of idiots I've ever spoken to.

Yep, stupid and dishonest. I left the IPad I'm on at a hotel. Hotel was kind enough to Fedex it to me. It shows up missing in their tracking system. Their response is to tell me to FO, that the hotel didn't insure it so I'm SOL.
Two days later it magically shows up. No explanation. True F'ing idiots. Rude to boot.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Contact BATFE

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Empire... why didn't you just let me ship for you? I ship firearms all the time here in our area being an FFL, its a lot less expensive for you as well. Really sorry to hear about this though, stay on Fed Ex's ass. Here's the number to the Fort Worth ATF office if needed:
817-862-2850

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
United breaks guitars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Fedex "loses" firearms. Sounds like similar experience, with different item.

Good luck.

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 01 FFL dealer ship a collectible 1930's vintage rifle to me via Fedex. The driver stated it was delivered to me and signed for when no one was home. Came to find out he delivered it to a neighbor 3 houses down the street that I wasn't acquainted with, we're acquainted now. He turned white as a sheet when I informed him what he signed for and left leaning against his garage.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did I miss it, what kind of gun?

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
I may have missed it, but if it was a handgun, tendered from a non dealer/ 01 FFL, doesn't it have to be accepted at a customer service facility only?

Even with my 03 FFL, I believe I have to have a handgun accepted at a FedEx facility, after saying it is a handgun, and shipped via some form of next day. I recall it has to be accepted at the facility, so that it gets locked up in a special locker, prior to departure.

Funny, but after I moved to a new place, and sold off some more rifles, my new pickup driver said "I don't give a shit what's in the box" after I told him it was a long gun. Good luck in getting to the bottom of this.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Did I miss it, what kind of gun?

Beretta 92A1.

Good luck that really sucks.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post