SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Innovative Business Ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Innovative Business Ideas Login/Join 
posted
A local theatre has converted their parking lot into a Drive In movie theatre. Very popular particularly with ice cold beer and concessions. Smart business!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has not happened yet , but when the fast food people and the banks

start offering three drive up windows , at each brick and mortar location,
instead of one ,
their business will triple in a matter of weeks.
C'mon chik fil a, what's the hold up?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bring back the A&W

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
bring back the A&W

We have a bunch around here...

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have Sonic with car hops.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
It has not happened yet , but when the fast food people and the banks

start offering three drive up windows , at each brick and mortar location,
instead of one ,
their business will triple in a matter of weeks.
C'mon chik fil a, what's the hold up?

Many drive up restaurants here have 2 or 3 drive up lanes. In n Out burger has employees walking down the row of cars during busy hours taking orders.

They still only have one kitchen. There will always be a bottle neck.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I was trying to figure out. You can have as many lanes as you want, but the food can only come out of one place. Don't know how you would get more than 2 pick up windows out of a single building. Rally's does it this way, but on the one side the passenger side of your car it towards the window.

Maybe a vacuum tube system like the banks use, so long as beverages were not involved.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Maybe new restaurant designs/remodels will have more space for cooking and less room for seating?

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe new restaurant designs/remodels will have more space for cooking and less room for seating?

^^^^
Quite possibly. Telehealth is now much more common. There will be a lot of changes.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
When I was a youngster, especially when I first got my drivers license and car, I loved the Drive In Theatres (wink wink).

For those of us who were there and remember, how about when someone drove in late and still had their headlights on? People would honk their horns and yell obscenities at the them.

Now, with our modern cars having automatic on headlights.... yeah that's going to be a bit of an issue.

There is a drive in still in business about 30 miles away, they only show movies appropriate for kids. The parents arrive early, have a picnic or whatever, and the kids can run and play until it's movie time.

I really like the idea of drive in movies, it's an experience that young people just have never had fun with.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want just lanes, or just more speakers.
I want three lanes with six individual windows with three grills and three money takers and three food dispatchers

or

three lanes with three banker ladies and three separate windows

three customers getting waited on simultaneously.

they have to get over this "everyone will wait as long as we want them too , And like it" mentality

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
they have to get over this "everyone will wait as long as we want them too , And like it" mentality

^^^^^
Some chains do. I knew a kid whose father owned 20 Cajuns Fried Chicken joints in LA. They actually timed each order from the speaker to the window. No bonuses unless time conditions were met. Incorrect orders were hit with a penalty. Requires a kid or young woman with above average intelligence and good motor skills.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

That's what I was trying to figure out. You can have as many lanes as you want, but the food can only come out of one place. Don't know how you would get more than 2 pick up windows out of a single building. Rally's does it this way, but on the one side the passenger side of your car it towards the window.

Maybe a vacuum tube system like the banks use, so long as beverages were not involved.

many years ago there was a white castle near troy, mi that had a bank like system called the Vittleveyor. It wasn't a vacuum tube but a conveyor system that came out over the other car and dropped down to your window.

And most all fast food places are timed. That's why you get the please pull forward BS... Once you drive away you are considered served and the clock stops on you.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local restaurant to us set up a small flatbed trailer for bands and marked off every other parking space. They’ll deliver to your space if you call in an order, and have a way to. tip the bands. They do fair to middling with curbside, but wanted to throw something out for the local musicians who’s gigs all dried up.

Seems to be doing fine so far.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post