SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2023 U.S. Census- "American Community Survey"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023 U.S. Census- "American Community Survey" Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The only reason the government puts this much effort into prying into your personal life is to extract money from you. Hell no. Get off my already taxed to capacity property.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I get that ACS at least once between decennial surveys, as well as USDA surveys the same years as ACS. And it's always in a year I'm called for fed jury duty (last year).

Posts: 5765 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
… wipe your ass with it, whatever.
Then send it in.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
… wipe your ass with it, whatever.
Then send it in.
Big Grin:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30745 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
By failing to give at least the names and ages of everyone in the household you are thwarting the activities of future genealogists attempting to configure your line. It's your right, of course, but I think it's petty.

flashguy

I’m the last of the Mohicans. Future genealogists, if any, can bite me.

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I was "chosen" to have one every few years and kept refusing. The assigned lady was nice, but baffled because nobody had ever refused before. She kept reducing the amount of questions to entice me and then gave up after a few years.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I could probably have a lot of fun. I can do a really great impression of a senile geezer. I certainly look the part, 86 and hobbling around with a cane.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30745 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
By failing to give at least the names and ages of everyone in the household you are thwarting the activities of future genealogists attempting to configure your line. It's your right, of course, but I think it's petty.

flashguy

I've gotten a lot of great information about my family history from censuses going back hundreds of years. A person's name, age, occupation, relationship, and place of birth are super helpful in building the family tree and, more importantly fleshing out who these people were.

A young couple who lives with her parents for 2 years before getting their own apartment. A book keeper who becomes an inn keeper, then later a restauranteur. A farmer couple who live on their same farm for 60 years.

In the era of big data, I am very leery of the government (or whomever they share with) knowing lots of personal information. They certainly don't need to know 48 pages worth of facts. But I believe they already know the names, ages, birthplaces, and addresses of all the legal residents and citizens.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:

flashguy

I've gotten a lot of great information about my family history from censuses going back hundreds of years. A person's name, age, occupation, relationship, and place of birth are super helpful in building the family tree and, more importantly fleshing out who these people were.

Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Alone or not alone, you don't need to be telling anyone in this forum who balks at the governmental invasiveness of all of this, that they're "petty".

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Very simple said in Article one of the constitution ... (in short) a head count in a household regarding representation in the House.

All we do in this home, nothing more and nothing less.

Pretty simple.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alone or not alone, you don't need to be telling anyone in this forum who balks at the governmental invasiveness of all of this, that they're "petty".
Thank you. Lesson learned.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post