SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Case for new iPhone
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case for new iPhone Login/Join 
posted
I have a new iPhone 13 on the way and want to protect it but not in one of the bomb proof bulky cases i.e. no Otterbox or similar so save your and my time recommending those. They are fine cases but do not fit what I want. I am mostly looking for scratch protection or if it should fall from my pocket, not the top of a ladder.
I have seen the two piece magnetic secured ones on the internet and curious if anyone has tried them and are they a useable solution? I want to have the phone fully covered but trim.
Does the metal rim on these cut down on reception? All comments about these cases appreciated. Any other solutions that meet my criteria are welcome.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.lifeproof.com

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I know you said no Otterbox cases, but they do make a few slim line models that are not big and bulky. I’ve had the Otterbox Aneu on my 12 this past year and it’s been great. Not bulky at all. I just ordered a Symmetry for my 13 and I suspect it should be like the Aneu (didn’t like the color selection for the Aneu’s this round). The Aneu ones are exclusive to Apple’s website. The Symmetry can be had from Otterbox’s Website.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I had great success with a clear CoverON Flexguard case which is a slim TPU Silicone number.

Their collection for the iPhone 13:
https://coveroncase.com/collec...ases-and-accessories
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cov...one13&ref=nb_sb_noss

I also used the CoverON case with a Foneleash as I tend to be fumble fingered. Worked great for almost 4 years giving me drop protection. https://www.foneleash.com/

But when that phone quit working (irreparable network errors) I replaced it with an even bigger screen size (6.5"). Ended up with a Mil-Spec shock proof case, like those you don't want to hear about, from Poetic. Had to go this way because the Foneleash would have obscured the new phone's camera flash in a CoverON case. Frown The Poetic Revolution gives me drop protection, just another type.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Otterbox I bought for my iPhone 12 Pro Max is actually slimmer than the Speck cases I used to love and use but no longer recommend.

This is what I have, the only thing I added was a couple of grip-tape-like stickers (found on Amazon) to give a bit of a more secure grip:

Not sure if it's made for the 13?

iPhone 12 Pro Max Aneu Series Case with MagSafe

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have this trim belt clip case for my iPhone 12 Pro:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It is excellent and meets all of your stated requirements – plus some others. Only $10.69. My comprehensive review of it on Amazon has been at the top ever since I posted it, ten months ago. I am reviewer “No Doubt” on Amazon. If you like my review please mark it “Helpful“.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I use one of these:

https://wethepeopleholsters.co...lections/phone-cases

It's not much bigger than the phone itself.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have a Mous case for my iPhone 12. Watch their commercials where they drop the phones from helicopters, etc.

Link

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Incipio?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I have been using the UAG cases for the past few years. They provide good protection and are very slim.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dbrand. Link.

Slim, provides excellent protection. Quick shipping from Canaduh.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Apple leather cases. Just the ones that cover the back and sides. Slim, grippy enough not to slip, and the sides come forward enough so that they are overflush with the screen in case of a face down impact. And no screen protectors, the screens are pretty tough now.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
One case I would say to avoid is the Apple silicone case. It is slim and has a nice grip to it, but mine which is less than a year old is falling apart.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
One case I would say to avoid is the Apple silicone case.

Yep I had one and it lasted about a year before starting to delaminate... they are over priced as well... even if they preformed. The only reason I bought it then was because I wanted a case on my new $1300 phone before it left the store!

I LOVE the Magul cases but it seems they lag way behind or have quit designing for new phones. The copycats are just as good and cheap as well. They are mid-durometer rubber or such just perfect to absorb impacts but are quite slim.

iPhone 12 cases will not fit (at least for the pro-max) because of changes in the camera bump... I hear.

I dont think the apple leather case would absorb enough impact... and I really don't understand the hard shell plastic cases... little or no impact resistance in most and slick and slippery to boot.

I just ordered the 13 pro max 512 to replace my just died 4 year old "X". (it took a swim in a salt water pool Eek It had done that before and survived, but at 4 years old I guess there was a breach in it's waterproofing. I never had a phone as huge as the pro max before and I don't think it will be carried in my pocket like all my previous phones so I will be looking for a case that cushions as well as a nice belt pouch.

I prefer the magnetic close pouches to the velcro due to the noise they make, there is no ripping open a velcro flap discreetly.

I need to hit my brother in law up for what he has for a pouch... I noticed a while back he has a belt pouch for his phone that also had a sleeve made on it as well for a small EDC flashlight.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for Urban Armor Gear (UAG).

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Tech21 cases. They’re slim, and smooth plastic, so you don’t yard sale your pocket when you pull your phone out.
They are incredibly impact resistant. I have no issues tossing my phone and knowing it won’t break.
Glass is covered with Rhinoshield. Phone is about as protected as a life proof case, but half or less bulky.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Another UAG fan here. Slim, rugged, and lots of color options.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Check out element cases. Top of the line good stuff

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I’ve brutalized a few Speck cases over the years without ever damaging the phones so I stick with them. I wish the one I have now didn’t have a rubberized coating that wears badly and looks shabby however, since none of the previous ones had it and all looked pretty good right until they got destroyed. I’d replace it but there’s no difference in protection so why bother. Also the phone’s probably less likely to get swiped looking worn and beat up, but when it breaks I’m going with the plain version again.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post