SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Knipex TwinGrip pliers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Knipex TwinGrip pliers Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^^^^
NWS pliers?

Ah, sorry. Cross posting from different threads.

There's another thread talking about quality hammers, and German tools came up. Took about two seconds of prodding from Maladat to "convince" me that I needed to try some NWS Pliers--also a reputable German Brand. That thread is here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/6620035584/p/2

I had need of angled needlenose pliers, so I got a pair of these 8" chain nose "radio pliers".

https://www.kctool.com/nws-141...finish-plastic-grip/

They look solid enough, but the final grinding isn't quite as nice as Knipex. There are some noticeable burrs left from grinding--nothing that will affect function, just an observation. The laser engraving is also a little off/light/spotty.

If it hadn't come from a reputable dealer, I'd be concerned of counterfeit product.

In any case, the teeth are straight and line up tightly. The rivet is wobble free, and the cutters are sharp with zero gap. These are about 33% less expensive than Knipex ($30 vs $45) for equivalent size and plastic dipped handle configurations. For the difference in price, I will forgive the missing additional manufacturing step of stoning out the burrs on non-functioning edges. As Maladat pointed out, the NWS pliers have an additional feature where they add teeth to the cavity behind the side cutters that can be used to grab a bolt head.

All in all, happy with the NWS Pliers and think they make a great value argument.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
KCTool has coupon code, btw. Use ToolGuyD4Life for 10% off at checkout.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post