SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Knipex TwinGrip pliers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Knipex TwinGrip pliers Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
These have been out of stock everywhere

The first (small) shipment to the US was July 1, followed by a larger shipment a week later. From the main vendor I use (KC Tool), it seems there won't be any more until the end of August. Knipex is working had to keep up with demand. Almost all of the first two shipments were filled by pre-orders. KC Tool had a few left out of the second shipment that were not claimed by pre-orders, but those are long gone now. So far, only the 200mm are being shipped. Other sizes will follow as production catches up.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10793 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well I got my TwinGrip order finally! Ordered from KC Tool on July 11th and received them today!

Edit: if you're ordering from KC Tool, try this promo code: TOOLGUYD4LIFE for 10% off.
***Multigrip is on backorder but the plastic grip is in stock.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4338 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yup, put in an order this morning.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Amazon has ‘em in stock for $46.14.

KNIPEX Tools 82 01 200 TwinGrip Slip Joint Pliers, 8-Inch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097...Z6BFXQ2XX7EH963ZS0M0

Wish there was a 6” model. I’m not sold on the notch at the end of the jaws.

I have three Knipex pliers. I also have an old Sears Made-in-Japan slip joint plier. Nicely chrome plated, the plier still looks good after decades of use. Not a box joint design, but the two legs are closely fitted. Good pliers IMO.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Niiiice.

I just bought these and they are sweeet. I cut a lot of fuckin wires.

https://www.kctool.com/knipex-...-w-spring-multigrip/

Knipex stuff is habit forming...

Posts: 5156 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are going to make me spend money. How are these compared to channelock brand

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
None of the Knipex pliers I own outperforms the Robogrips I have. I never reach for the Knipex now if the Robogrips are around.

I have these in 2 sizes from Sears They are great. The only problem is you can only nut up them so hard and then they slip, pass 70-80 psi...

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
subscribed (for when I cull the cheap chinese crap pliers out of my toolbox).

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Chad's Toolbox has them for about $35.00. In stock. Free shipping if you spend at least $99, which is easy to do when ordering Knipex tools. He is out of Wyoming and doesn't charge sales tax.

Chad's toolbox

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Knipex does make a nice tool. I have a small pair of side cutters that I mostly use for trimming guitar and mandolin strings.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
You guys are going to make me spend money. How are these compared to channelock brand

Fit and finish on the Knipex is next level.

Holding a pair of Knipex (Cobras, my Twin Grips have not arrived) side by side with my Channelock slip joints is like holding up a pair of Channelocks against a pair of Harbor Freight Pittsburgh.

If not for the fact that some Channelocks tools are USA made, I wouldn't consider Channelock as a brand anything special. In my opinion, Klein's fit and finish on their pliers is more comparable to Knipex. Klein tools, in general, seem heftier, heavier duty, while the Knipex tools seem more thoughtfully engineered and manufactured to more exacting tolerances. Both feel premium, but in different ways.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
subscribed (for when I cull the cheap chinese crap pliers out of my toolbox).

The first time this thread came up, I made the same decision to cull the cheap Chinese crap out.

That doesn't happen though. They just end up pushed into the "friends, family, and to-be-abused" tool drawer. Hard to throw away perfectly serviceable tools, even if crappy.

Now I understand how estate sales end up with tables and tables of old rusty junk tools.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

Fit and finish on the Knipex is next level.

Holding a pair of Knipex (Cobras, my Twin Grips have not arrived) side by side with my Channelock slip joints is like holding up a pair of Channelocks against a pair of Harbor Freight Pittsburgh.

If not for the fact that some Channelocks tools are USA made, I wouldn't consider Channelock as a brand anything special. In my opinion, Klein's fit and finish on their pliers is more comparable to Knipex. Klein tools, in general, seem heftier, heavier duty, while the Knipex tools seem more thoughtfully engineered and manufactured to more exacting tolerances. Both feel premium, but in different ways.

Thanks for the info

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Chad's Toolbox

Thank you!

God bless America.

Posts: 13521 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Niiiice.

I just bought these and they are sweeet. I cut a lot of fuckin wires.

https://www.kctool.com/knipex-...-w-spring-multigrip/

Knipex stuff is habit forming...

Congrats Doc Solo! Those side cutters are niiiice – Knipex stuff is indeed habit forming. I have three Knipex pliers of various sorts. And my decades-old side cutters were getting a bit whomper jawed, so I recently bought this little Knipex box joint side cutters ($40.84):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005...96CGK4F8G0TV7KRPNKEP

Besides the usual jobs, I also have an uncommon use for this tool. I ought to post about that use in an old, but relevant, thread. It’d be thread drift here.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting a Cobra XS. I knew these things were going to be small, but just didn't realize how small until they arrived. It makes the 6" look like a beast.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
A brand of Japanese pliers that rivals, and likely sometimes exceeds the quality of Knipex, is Keiba.

https://www.keiba-tool.com/keiba/en/

Posts: 7483 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Got my Twin-Grips in the mail today. Schmancy.

The NWS pliers are also nice. Not as Schmancy, but still nice. They're a bit cheaper than the Knipex, so I think they make for a strong value argument if they hold up well.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
NWS pliers?

Serious about crackers

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up - I'd had an open order on Amazon for months now, no ETA. ordered these from KC Tools for only ~$10 more and they are out for delivery now.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12443 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post