SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now Dilbert Is Racist
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now Dilbert Is Racist Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Didn't you get the memo? Everything is racist at this point which means....nothing is actually racist.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23359 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's been a long while since I got turned off Dilbert. What turned me off was his comics was getting too bitter.

I guess he got better material now with the woke-ism.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19632 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Scott Adams pays the price for offending the wokies.

“Newspapers are dropping the 'Dilbert' comic strip after creator Scott Adams launched into a racist tirade advising his followers to 'get the f**k' away from black people.

Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the US, said it would stop publishing the comic immediately following the remarks made by its creator on his online show 'Real Coffee with Scott Adams.'

It comes after Dilbert was already canned by 77 newspapers in September due to its increasingly controversial plotlines including one about a black character who identifies as white.

The comic has been in circulation since 1989 and frequently pokes fun at office culture.

Adams, who is believed to have amassed more than $70 million from the Dilbert series, said in the livestreamed talk on Wednesday: 'The best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people. …”

https://mol.im/a/11793295

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8910 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he was not canceled before, he is now on double secret cancellation!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16054 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I thought the woke crowd did not read papers, just boomers. The strips were accurate and funny.

They do not "read" them, they "monitor" them for "problematic content"

Posts: 610 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This is just their way of dropping the most expensive strip in their paper and hoping their BS rationale will quell the fury of their readers. Dilbert remains the best content in many/most? newspapers.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This is just their way of dropping the most expensive strip in their paper and hoping their BS rationale will quell the fury of their readers. Dilbert remains the best content in many/most? newspapers.

I doubt that people who actually take the time to pay for and receive the paper AND read it, were offended. Most were likely thinking "give em hell" Scott.
I wish there was a running statistic on a newspaper website, "Actual subscribers who have canceled in the last 24hours, 7days, 30 days, et al."

But really I doubt it was a single one. Just flakes on social media.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3586 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No doubt, Adams has quite a pile of "fuck you" money.

$50 to $80 Million, depending on which, if any website you choose to believe.
He's 65 years old and has been full-time cartoonist since '96.

Retire with a bang, and say all of the stuff that's been bugging him.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23181 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No doubt, Adams has quite a pile of "fuck you" money.

$50 to $80 Million, depending on which, if any website you choose to believe.
He's 65 years old and has been full-time cartoonist since '96.

Retire with a bang, and say all of the stuff that's been bugging him.

That's what he's doing. I'm sure you'll still be able to see the daily Dilbert online. Just like Bloom County.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well he had his very public Mea culpa a few weeks ago after finally realising the vax was pretty much worthless and his stepson died a few years ago at 18 of fentanyl OD. Seems he kinda went off the rails since his stepson passed.

Posts: 4750 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he’s been seeing the same tweets I keep seeing of black people randomly sucker punching and stomping white people, viciously beating teachers trying to keep order in the classroom etc and he’s finally had enough? That stuff seems to have risen steeply in the past year or so.

Posts: 33734 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I read was he was responding directly to a poll. The poll was asking black Americans the question, “is it ok to be white”? A very slim majority voted yes. He was responding to the fact that nearly half of the black respondents said it was not in fact OK to be white. He said well that’s fucking racist and we should stay away from blacks if that is what the6 think. What was quietly never mentioned was the absurdity of the poll responses, just his response to the response.

He could/should have been more tactful but pointing out that half of the polled think there is something wrong with being white is completely fucked up.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Leftism is based in false principles and deception. As such it cannot bear the scrutiny of humor. This is why Leftists punish anyone who dares. Antipodally, those who embrace true principles endure brutal persecution and mockery yet quietly, confidently remain standing to face scrutiny.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29675 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

It’s happened before. The leftist loved Al Capp until his Joanie Phoanie character appeared.

I think she got smarter later in life. I have a record of her singing "Plaisir d'Amor" and accompanying herself on the guitar. It is wonderful.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think she got smarter later in life. I have a record of her singing "Plaisir d'Amor" and accompanying herself on the guitar. It is wonderful.

flashguy

I have her album "Diamonds and Rust". It's pretty good!

Posts: 6615 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8323 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk claims media is 'racist' as he supports Dilbert creator

“Elon Musk has sensationally claimed the media is racist to white people and Asians as he voiced his support for disgraced 'Dilbert' comic strip creator Scott Adams.
………

'For a *very* long time, US media was racist against non-white people, now they’re racist against whites & Asians,' the 51-year-old billionaire explained.

'Same thing happened with elite colleges and high schools in America. Maybe they can try not being racist.' …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11796139

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8910 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I read was he was responding directly to a poll. The poll was asking black Americans the question, “is it ok to be white”? A very slim majority voted yes. He was responding to the fact that nearly half of the black respondents said it was not in fact OK to be white. He said well that’s fucking racist and we should stay away from blacks if that is what the6 think. What was quietly never mentioned was the absurdity of the poll responses, just his response to the response.

He could/should have been more tactful but pointing out that half of the polled think there is something wrong with being white is completely fucked up.

He should have known what was going on in that interview, and have been ready for anything resembling a gotcha question.

If you are a public figure, and you troll the leftist movements such as ESG in your work, then you are making yourself a target for retaliation.

Things like this polls topic, and the question being asked of him was a setup to trap him into making a response that could be used against him to hurt his business/income.

To the left, it's war, and they have no qualms about targeting anyone, from anywhere, on any side of the political spectrum in order to stop any questioning of the agenda.

True Machiavellian tactics...

Posts: 23359 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Elon Musk claims media is 'racist' as he supports Dilbert creator

“Elon Musk has sensationally claimed the media is racist to white people and Asians as he voiced his support for disgraced 'Dilbert' comic strip creator Scott Adams.
I could not agree more.

Have you seen any TV commercials in the last three or four years? There are black people in virtually every commercial. White men are portrayed as weak and stupid. Black men are portrayed as always in a position of authority, or the source of wisdom, and the same goes for "women of color" Roll Eyes

What's the home security company that has the guy who always wears a ski mask? We know he's lily white because his red handlebar moustache is always showing. Oh, my, we could never show a black man in a ski mask or robbing homes, could we? Let's ignore reality, ignore the FBI stats on crime.

If I were a member of SAG and was auditioning for roles in commercials, I'd sue the ever-lovin' shit out of all these advertising agencies who are preventing white actors from making a living.

Families- White mom, white kids, black dad. Roll Eyes Or, white family with black kids. Or, a complete mixed bag- Black dad, asian mom, with a white kid and a black kid. Sure.

And what I'm describing is just the tip of the iceberg. You'd have to be blind to not see it.

As to this poll about a 47% aggregate saying it's not OK or they're not sure it's OK to be white- yeah, we have a genuine problem, and I don't blame Adams for speaking up.

And by the way, who even comes up with questions like "Is it OK to be white?" You race is your race. Ridiculous.

Forget about the racial hatred for a minute- if only they knew how much this shit reveals their rampant insecurity.

Just as with the campaign to make women out to be superior to men in every way- the fact that they need to keep telling us this shit over and over is a clear indication that they themselves don't really believe what they're peddling.

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post