SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now Dilbert Is Racist
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now Dilbert Is Racist Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If I had fuck you money like Adams I would speak my mind whenever asked. As I get older the only thing keeping me from not giving a shit about hurting peoples “feelings” is that my employer would fire me. I get to retirement age those shackles are gone and I get to be the crazy old guy which just means I can say common sense rational ideas that I can back up with data but in todays crazy world makes me all kinds of bad names.

He knew this would be a shitstorm but his GAF meter has been broken for awhile and he ain’t gonna fix it. Good for him.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Black people have been told they can’t be racist because they don’t have any power. This of course is steaming excrement because racism is an attitude. Enough of them believe it that segregation, discrimination and bigotry have made a grand return. I have a neighbor who before Obama was not bigoted in the least. But today in reaction to the cultural shift initiated by president Stampy Feet, he admits his bias and will to be segregated. I’ve made my case that he’s mislabeled his sentiments and that he really just wants to be segregated from that sick culture. His claims he can’t distinguish the two fast enough and doesn’t have the energy to do it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Elon Musk claims media is 'racist' as he supports Dilbert creator

“Elon Musk has sensationally claimed the media is racist to white people and Asians as he voiced his support for disgraced 'Dilbert' comic strip creator Scott Adams.
I could not agree more.

Have you seen any TV commercials in the last three or four years?
Yup. If one was to go by TV adverts, recently, they'd believe blacks comprise close to 50% of the population, rather than the 14% that is the reality, and that a relatively high percentage of households are mixed race, rather than the ±10% that is the reality.

Same thing happens with movies and TV series', only add LGBTQIAXYZ to the mix. They'd have you believing a quarter of the population or better is gay or whatever, when, in reality, it's less than 5%.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Black people have been told they can’t be racist because they don’t have any power.

That chestnut has been out there for decades, I remember it being discussed on "Donahue".
The original suggestion was blacks can't discriminate because they have no power to do so. In short order, discrimination was changed to racism and it's been etched in stone ever since. So very many bad ideas being put into black minds and too many willing to eat them up. A steaming pile of excrement indeed.

Bless Adams for broaching the subject. So far I'm hearing no one on talk radio daring to take calls on this. Will CNN and MSNBC talk about it? This could be the start of the most important conversation our country has had in memory. Talk about your inconvenient truths.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Things like this polls topic, and the question being asked of him was a setup to trap him into making a response that could be used against him to hurt his business/income.
Perhaps I’m mistaken, but I believe that what he posted was a monologue where he responded to the poll. I believe that nobody trapped him, he just threw it out there.

Not sure I would have said it that directly, that publicly, but then I don’t have the level of FU money that he does. Don’t disagree with him though…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being that I sometimes write a little Perl I wrote a Perl script to download just the images within a date range. So now I've got about two years worth.

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Heard on the radio: Andrews & McMeel, who publish his compilation books, calendars and such, has "severed their ties" with Adams. Roll Eyes Those comics said nothing that isn't true.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I could not agree more.

Have you seen any TV commercials in the last three or four years? There are black people in virtually every commercial. White men are portrayed as weak and stupid. Black men are portrayed as always in a position of authority, or the source of wisdom, and the same goes for "women of color" Roll Eyes

What's the home security company that has the guy who always wears a ski mask? We know he's lily white because his red handlebar moustache is always showing. Oh, my, we could never show a black man in a ski mask or robbing homes, could we? Let's ignore reality, ignore the FBI stats on crime.

If I were a member of SAG and was auditioning for roles in commercials, I'd sue the ever-lovin' shit out of all these advertising agencies who are preventing white actors from making a living.

Families- White mom, white kids, black dad. Roll Eyes Or, white family with black kids. Or, a complete mixed bag- Black dad, asian mom, with a white kid and a black kid. Sure.

And what I'm describing is just the tip of the iceberg. You'd have to be blind to not see it.

As to this poll about a 47% aggregate saying it's not OK or they're not sure it's OK to be white- yeah, we have a genuine problem, and I don't blame Adams for speaking up.

And by the way, who even comes up with questions like "Is it OK to be white?" You race is your race. Ridiculous.

Forget about the racial hatred for a minute- if only they knew how much this shit reveals their rampant insecurity.

Just as with the campaign to make women out to be superior to men in every way- the fact that they need to keep telling us this shit over and over is a clear indication that they themselves don't really believe what they're peddling.

Don’t forget all the same sex couples now in ads… It’s like they are in a “Diversity Challenge” to see who can check off the most boxes and out-woke each other.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On that subject of TV commercials. It is impossible miss the woke element in most of them now. Thinking of whose products I would stop using I realize that I do not use any of the things I see advertised during the shows I watch.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 332 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Netflix basically invites Woke BINGO. Not worth playing though, as you'd have bingo in the first 3 minutes.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Our local paper dropped it now. I'm certain they're using the outrage of this issue to save them the money that this strip cost. Now it's like a graveyard of old comics like Peanuts and Blondie and Garfield! "Yum, Lasagna!" Roll Eyes

My local paper has shrunk to just a few pages. Which is fine, because the few people in my town that actually subscribe, only buy it for the obituaries and to find out what happened three days ago. $17 a month keeps my wife happy. I just wish they had the balls to admit that they're canceling it to save the money, and not because they truly believe Scott Adams is spreading racism.

posted Hide Post
Adams is going no where. While newspapers dropped him, his online subscriptions skyrocketed. He won't be in my local paper, but I haven't had my one I'm years.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You guys still read newspapers?

Like real paper?

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to subscribe to the local fish wrap. They would cover news the TV news wouldnt. It was a daily paper but most weeks I would only get it 3 days. When I called to whine about the failed deliveries, I was told it was because they couldn't keep delivery drivers. No refunds were offered but they generously offered to extend my subscription to cover the missing days. Nope! Cancel! Shortly after they dropped the Sunday edition entirely. I dont know a single person who subscribes to them now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
We only get the online version of our paper. It kept getting thinner and thinner and more full of neighboring area news. Really only check it occasionally, mostly for the obits to see if anybody I know died.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My uncle used to get our local a paper just to read the obits. I often made the mistake of reading the editorial section. I had a several back and forths with the editor about his opinions and the low-end leftist quality of the few guest contributors he had. One of the guest contributors went off his rocker and tried to murder our current mayor.
I’m sure they have dropped Dilbert by now.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 332 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
...As to this poll about a 47% aggregate saying it's not OK or they're not sure it's OK to be white- yeah, we have a genuine problem, ...

With each graduating class that percentage is rising. We need to stop villainizing people based on their skin color and teaching kids racism in school. They needs to be a major swing in education towards a race neutral approach.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Netflix basically invites Woke BINGO.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
...As to this poll about a 47% aggregate saying it's not OK or they're not sure it's OK to be white- yeah, we have a genuine problem, ...

With each graduating class that percentage is rising. We need to stop villainizing people based on their skin color and teaching kids racism in school. They needs to be a major swing in education towards a race neutral approach.

Surprising role reversal……….and not so surprising.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I just watched that video on page two. I thought the hoopla was all about the comics posted earlier, but his comments were suicidal.