SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salvation Army bell ringers - not seeing any?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salvation Army bell ringers - not seeing any? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Dead to me!

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism. Mad Screw them!

quote:
I'd forgotten about that. But it doesn't really explain the apparent lack of bell-ringers.

Some of us may have said some things last year after they said merry christmas to us crackers expecting a donation.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No shortage of them here unfortunately.

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen a single one, which is fine by me because I would never give them another penny.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
I haven’t seen a single one, which is fine by me because I would never give them another penny.

This right here. Nothing else.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They press into service the local homeless crew. Which tends to cut down on the amount of people who want to approach them to donate.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Last year they got nothing from me. This year I have been giving. They do more good than they do harm.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I'd forgotten about that. But it doesn't really explain the apparent lack of bell-ringers.

I haven't seen a lack of bell ringers, but my reply was mainly directed at darthfuster.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Last year they got nothing from me. This year I have been giving. They do more good than they do harm.
They can blow it out their Salvation ass. I wouldn't even toss a chewing gum wrapper in their kettle. If the vermin infesting SA administration want a penny from me, they'd better bring a gun. I'd sooner toss my money into a lake than give it to these leftists.

Never again, and I mean that. You don't reward this kind of shit.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well, it would if the same percentage of 'evil racist/privileged white people' that aren't donating, aren't ringing either! Wink

That's an interesting thought.

I am avoiding malls for the duration, so I haven't had the chance to see whether or not we have any locally, or if so, what the demographic of this year's ringers might be.

But, yeah, last year's fiasco probably affected both donations and recruitment.

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
They were in front of Hobby Lobby ringing away. I actually like the bell ringers. Old traditions I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally saw one last Friday. I had a spare $20 in my wallet and put it in the kettle. But I've been tossing their mailings to me in the waste can for some time. Call me Scrooge, but that may be all they get me from this year.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Finally saw one last Friday. I had a spare $20 in my wallet and put it in the kettle. But I've been tossing their mailings to me in the waste can for some time. Call me Scrooge, but that may be all they get me from this year.

Is there something you feel you must atone for that you would waste money in such a frivolous way? You give the meth heads money at the off ramps too I bet.
Give your money to a homeless shelter or purchase food for them if you really want to do good and not just "feel good". Feeling good is for the leftists and children.
Not $.05 of that 20 got to anyone who deserves it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How about giving to some organization that's not spouting disgusting racist shit? Surely, there are local groups you could give to- churches, for instance.

What portion of your donation to the Salvation Army goes to paying the salaries of the racist administration?

What portion of your donation to local charities such as churches goes to pay for racist administration?

When you donate your money to the Salvation Army, you are donating your money to leftists who hate you and they take a big juicy bite out of every dollar you give, and use it against you.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the bell ringers went the way of the Dodo within the generation.

What percentage of people still do most of their shopping in person?

Of those, what percentage still carry cash/change?

That'd be a minority group of a minority group, so a relatively small niche.

Therefore, physically standing in front of brick-and-mortar retail stores and asking for cash handouts seems like it'd have minimal results in 2022, compared to the newer tactics increasingly used by nonprofits of stuff like online donation drives that not only accept credit cards/online payments but also can reach people wherever they are on their computers/smartphones.

Posts: 32556 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are setup outside the local Publix, passed on donating, couldn't remember why then this thread reminded me of their anti white BS...

Donations at grocery stores and the like are probably down more so because of Debit cards, few buy with cash, so no pockets of change to give away.

Either way, they are no bueno...

Posts: 23584 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Their mailers to both the store and the house go right in the trash.

First, they got rid of their local pastor team. We now have a "family center" here in town

Second was their DF attack last year where senior management told me I had to atone for my sins of hidden racism.

I've found other places to donate my money.

Posts: 11234 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I saw them outside the grocery store last year (malls are a no-go for me from Halloween through about the Super Bowl). I haven't seen any this year, although now it's a smaller grocery store in a much smaller town...

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a blurb on the local news or something about how they're short of volunteers on all fronts, but especially those that interact with people. Because wuflu ya know. Had a guy on wearing a "uniform" and the caption said he was a "Captain". Do they have to salute each other then?...

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post