SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salvation Army bell ringers - not seeing any?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salvation Army bell ringers - not seeing any? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
The official "kickoff" of the holiday season started almost 2 weeks ago and it seems like they should be out in full force, but I have yet to see any. Curious.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Now that you brought it up, I haven't seen any either.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I've seen them out in force up here.

I have noticed that there have been days during the week where there wasn't someone, but the weekends seem heavily staffed.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
All over the place up here

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Still feeling the effect from last year FUBAR.

Q

Posts: 26473 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have only seen one, not getting squat from me

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few around here.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38721 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What did they do wrong again? I forgot.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29726 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Still feeling the effect from last year FUBAR.
If you mean the coronavirus, we dispensed with all the pie hole diapers and other horse shit over a year and a half ago. Almost no one is wearing them.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/7800060784/p/1

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38721 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What did they do wrong again? I forgot.

The usual wokeness... white people bad. White people need to atone, etc.

So, they didn't get any evil white man money from me last year, and I usually do give.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember if this was posted, but here is the SA guide:
https://colorusunited.org/wp-c...alk-About-Racism.pdf
Until they clean house at the top, I'm done.

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lineman101:
I don't remember if this was posted, but here is the SA guide:
https://colorusunited.org/wp-c...alk-About-Racism.pdf
Until they clean house at the top, I'm done.

Good lord. What a load of horse shit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen them here quite a bit. I did give something the last time four cents. The change I got back at Wallie World.

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I saw one at Sam's in Denham Springs, LA today

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd forgotten about that. But it doesn't really explain the apparent lack of bell-ringers.

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
There have been a few around here, WM and grocery store. And yes, still woke Confused

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2014 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I'd forgotten about that. But it doesn't really explain the apparent lack of bell-ringers.

Well, it would if the same percentage of 'evil racist/privileged white people' that aren't donating, aren't ringing either! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8951 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
There was one woman outside of Hobby Lobby here in Temple last weekend. But they won’t get my money.

We give to the Shriners Hospitals for Children or St Jude’s, everyone else can go jump off a cliff

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11303 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They went woke and subsequently broke

In other words “too bad”

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post