SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tax Refunds Taking A LONG Time This Year
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax Refunds Taking A LONG Time This Year Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We filed ours in early March (our CPA did) and got our refund in either 6 or 7 days. Maybe because we filed fairly early. Usually, we fumble around till early April.

Bob

Posts: 1582 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received mine within a week, week and a half at the most. I was surprised it was that quick.

Tony

Posts: 317 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s been ten weeks plus one day. The motherfuckers are impossible to reach no matter how many hoops you jump through on their impossibly stupid automated system. No matter what you do it will hang up on you.

Any mother fucker I see in the wild who tries to tell me these idiots need any more power or responsibility is going to get an EAR FULL AND THEN SOME.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier in this thread that we e-filed through our CPA and got an email confirmation that it was received on March 18th…

Tomorrow will be 3 fu%&*ng months and we still haven’t received our 5 figure refund… I’m sure that if we had owed that kind of money I could blame it on Covid and they would understand (insert sarcasm emoji here).

We even tried to get our CPA involved and he basically said don’t hold your breath…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe there is a positive thing that can be found (if you look hard enough) in even the worst things that happen to people. I find a bit of pleasure in thinking I am not alone, I think about the millions of people in the same boat as us. I’m sorry this happened to them. There has to be a few people who wanted .gov involved in their healthcare. Maybe just maybe their complete inability to reach an actual fucking human being at the IRS has caused them to begin to understand government is not in the business of fixing issues but rather creating them. Maybe this is opening some eyes? It has to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I believe there is a positive thing that can be found (if you look hard enough) in even the worst things that happen to people. I find a bit of pleasure in thinking I am not alone, I think about the millions of people in the same boat as us. I’m sorry this happened to them. There has to be a few people who wanted .gov involved in their healthcare. Maybe just maybe their complete inability to reach an actual fucking human being at the IRS has caused them to begin to understand government is not in the business of fixing issues but rather creating them. Maybe this is opening some eyes? It has to be.

I certainly hope you’re right…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I am sure 80 billion dollars will fix it. I have had three encounters just this year. Every one was an error by the IRS.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It's not just the refunds that are taking a long time. I filed (paper) on 5/17 and the check I enclosed with the return still has not been deposited to the Treasury. I wonder how long before I get my usual "you owe us $XXXX more in penalties and interest" letter?

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
It's not just the refunds that are taking a long time. I filed (paper) on 5/17 and the check I enclosed with the return still has not been deposited to the Treasury. I wonder how long before I get my usual "you owe us $XXXX more in penalties and interest" letter?

Weird. I filed paper on 5/17 as well, check promptly deposited.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I usually owe but in 2020 I had enough medical to itemize and I'm due a barely 5 figure refund. About a week ago I received snail mail wanting to super verify my identity. All was good until they got to the text me a code part.

I have a flip phone and have never sent nor received a text. I file jointly with my wife but her cell # was not recognized so they are snail mailing me a code. I had a few hundred dollar refund from state and I've had the check in hand for a few days but it's been about 4 or 5 days since the irs code should have been sent but nothing yet.

Verified identity with last 8 digits of credit card, ss # and amount of expected refund along with same id/address since 2016 and same zip for 50 years.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Finally got confirmation we’ll get our refund on June 22, via the IRS2Go app.

Filed electronically on March 5 with Turbo Tax

3 and a half friggen’ months…unacceptable Mad

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

I think about the millions of people in the same boat as us.

Did you get your refund yet?

We FINALLY got ours this past week.

Only took 16 friggen weeks Roll Eyes

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
We filed late in April and had our refund in less than 3 weeks, so no delays on my end!

Posts: 4605 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
PASig, hey man I’m glad to see you finally are getting your hard earned money back. Smile Yeah it’s ridiculous that it’s taking them so long. Unfortunately I’m still waiting. I did manage to actually get a hold of two human beings at the IRS by calling at 7 am but they were not very helpful. All they really said was that a lot of returns have been flagged for manual review because of all the changes with CTC credits etc and that wait times were running between 10-12 weeks. Both reps did also say in some cases it could take longer and just to remain patient. It’s nice to get an actual window from your experience as it is similar to mine. Looks like the end of July for me if we are lucky.

Good times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Almost three months since I filed, my refund now shows "Pending" in my checking account. It's fortunate I wasn't counting on it to make rent. Roll Eyes I thought I might be getting audited this year. It never took this long before.

Have fun waiting, suckahs! J/K Big Grin

Posts: 2665 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Took us a couple days over four months for a refund.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8139 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
ours is still pending. as of 5:26 pm

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4588 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I finally got mine!

If you’re still waiting hang in there. The manual review cases are operating on a 12-16 week wait time. The lady I spoke with at IRS said most are completed within a 11-12 week window but admitted it could take up to 16 + weeks.

I’m just glad mind was approved and not altered or adjusted to where I owed something, that was in the back of my head bugging me the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread (again) I decided to check our status again and low and behold our return has been approved and should be deposited on the 14th..

As a side note it is about $100 more than we filed for..HOT DAMN!

Almost 17 weeks to the day…

------------------
Eddie

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Still waiting. 17 weeks now since the electronic return was accepted.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post