SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tax Refunds Taking A LONG Time This Year
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax Refunds Taking A LONG Time This Year Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I know there’s another thread about delays due to some new fraud check thing the IRS has done but we have not gotten any notification on that.

I e-filed my taxes on March 5, normally it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive any refund due us.

Here we are 6+ weeks later and nothing yet. Has anyone else seen this? What the heck is going on?

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Our CPA advised us that it could take 6 weeks, IIRC we had ours in about 2 weeks.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Reason # 2,456 that I underpay on my estimated taxes and send them what's due when I do my taxes.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Filed electronically and accepted on 3/19. Got direct deposit from state on 3/30 and from IRS on 3/31.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Filed electronically and accepted on 3/19. Got direct deposit from state on 3/30 and from IRS on 3/31.

I wonder if I have a problem or something then. Confused

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My CPA filed my taxes on 3/18. I received my direct deposit return on 3/26.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I used Turbo Tax e-File and received my refund in 10 days! My return was transmitted on 3/7 and my refund was in my account via direct deposit on 3/17.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8955 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I e-filed my returns on 2/15. Federal refund was direct-deposited on 2/18 and state on 3/1.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
We're still waiting on our Federal return, which we filed about a month ago. We got our state refund in a little over a week.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I efiled mine back in mid-February, and got my Federal refund in about a week.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I know there’s another thread about delays due to some new fraud check thing the IRS has done but we have not gotten any notification on that.

I e-filed my taxes on March 5, normally it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive any refund due us.

Here we are 6+ weeks later and nothing yet. Has anyone else seen this? What the heck is going on?
Is your tax return relatively benign or do you have a lot of 'extras' in it?

I filed thru TurboTax on 2/16 and received my refund on 2/24. My return was 14 pages (with 3 pages for the 1040 and the two unused second pages of our two Forms 8606).

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

We’re in the same boat. E-filed and accepted in Feb. 7+ weeks and nothing. No letter or anything. Where’s my refund app says ite being processed so we wait.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Just a thought...for everyone still waiting, did everyone signing the 1040 include an Identity Protection PIN on the signature line?

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 229DAK:
Just a thought...for everyone still waiting, did everyone signing the 1040 include an Identity Protection PIN on the signature line?[/QUOT

Yes, I did.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I filed in very early February, and just got mine last week. I had started to get worried, and went out to the IRS website about a week earlier and put my info in, and got nothing. There was a notice on the website that said they were about 6 weeks behind and not to call (had been about 8 weeks for my return by that point).

I decided to wait a little longer, and checked the website again a week later and my info was in there...got deposited in my account two days later. FWIW, I do mine on paper, so it typically takes a bit longer. I think they're just behind.

Posts: 8665 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Not only that but our electronic payment took over 10 days to clear. Usually 2 days.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I eFiled on 3/28 and had the refunded electronic payment in my account on 4/7.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23317 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Federal tax due $54. Paid, sent, the very day I got the papers from CPA. State tax refund took 2 weeks. I am not going to cash the $1 check.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Filed my federal on Apr 6, status shows that it's scheduled to be deposited on the 14th.

My return was pretty simple, no dependents, barely had enough to itemize this year.

Posts: 1807 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I filed the second week of February (e-file) and got the money deposited exactly three weeks later.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5053 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post