SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
NASCAR has been closed mouth and now this. If this turns out to be true...then I laugh again at all who automatically assume racism at every turn.

Is Bubba Wallace 'rope noose' a hoax or misunderstanding?

When NASCAR rolled in to Alabama and the Talledega motor speedway, the story of a “rope noose” in the garage of Bubba Wallace grabbed media attention. However, a NASCAR video of the exact garage doors at the Talledega motor speedway shows all of the garages have ropes and nooses on them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The second I heard this I dismissed it as bullshit.

Just remember, all news is fake, and you'll never be hoodwinked.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.huffpost.com/entry...69a6c5b6d4397ade4ea2

Nooses all over a park in Oakland Calif! The minute I heard this one, I knew it was bullshit.

Every thing, every one is racist!
Trees, air, water, time, math, purple...
Racist, I tell ya, racist!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The search for white racism is huge but the supply is low.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
One plant I worked in had a contingent of agitators that thought every piece of rope used for rigging on every installation job, but not removed and disposed of after the fact was a noose. A noose has a rather particular style of knot. Ropes used for rigging and installation do not have this kind of knot.

I would imagine that people that are so terrified of rope would never be able to set foot on a sailboat. Would need all kinds of "trigger warning" labels on everything (this is not a noose, it is a tie down for the mainsail) to prevent severe anxiety and heart attacks.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that is what the "noose" complained about actually is...then Bubba or someone else deliberately fed a fake news story to the media knowing what would happen. Maybe Bubba needed some publicity since other than driving for Richard Petty, has he actually done anything truly noteworthy?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Bubba is sticking to his guns, goes on "The View" to say talk of a hoax is offensive **sniff**

I don't see how Wallace isn't much diminished by this, he has to know he's been exposed as either an utter fool or a complete, self-serving dupe.

#NOOSECAR

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Do y’all really think the FBI is going to allow themselves to be drug into the mess that would be for them if it was as simple as a door pull? I’m not saying they’re geniuses, but they’re not suicidal either

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the current "PC" climate...the FBI would absolutely get involved given the accusation.. We will have to wait and see what comes out of this but until then, I don't discount the possibility that this could all be a hoax.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It smells and some are calling it out...

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Do y’all really think the FBI is going to allow themselves to be drug into the mess that would be for them if it was as simple as a door pull? I’m not saying they’re geniuses, but they’re not suicidal either

Hasn't stopped them before...

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
#BubbaSmollett #nascarhoax are trending on Twitter.

No pics of the noose, no video from the insanely expensive cameras that must have monitoring those millions of dollars worth of tools and cars?

Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Bubba is sticking to his guns, goes on "The View" to say talk of a hoax is offensive **sniff**
Well, going on The View is surely a way to add credibility to your story. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
So, in an effort to be more PC that their competitor sports, NASCAR steps on their collective dicks (again). No surprise there! What's the over/under on how many more times they will publicly embarrass themselves trying to weasel their way out of the corner they've press released themselves into?

"I can't breathe?" Maybe you should check what you just stepped in, because something sure as hell stinks!

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I watched Nascar.
So did the wifey, and we have our favorite drivers.
But with Bubba's BS, we have stopped watching.
I will fly my confederate flag and remember when racing was racing.

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I love racing. I went to my first Indy 500 at 5 years old in 1962. My dad bought me a STP Andy Granatelli car. I have raced motorcycles my whole life. I no longer watch NASCAR and don't watch much Indy car racing either. This "Noose" in my not so humble opinion was a well timed BS publicity stunt to draw attention to how diverse NASCAR is with one, count em 1 semi black driver. See Bubba has a white father and a black mother. There is not a chance in hell any of those garages are ever unattended with hundreds of thousands of dollars in tools, parts and equipment. Zero chance of that. No video, no pics nothing. Opportunists and nothing more.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 251 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I first heard of this, all I could hear in my head was Hannibal Lechter’s conversation with Starling....

“Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing, ask what is it in itself? What is its nature?”

And I immediately thought that this bubba guy is just playing “juicy smullet” all over again.....hey look at me, I’m important and by golly people like me...

I’d bet a bottle of Macallan Whisky on it. There is no noose.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’d bet a bottle of Macallan Whisky on it. There is no noose.
'If' there was a noose, what do you think the odds would be that every nmedia group in the country and abroad would have pics and video of it splashed all other their websites. This is nothing more than another genned up BS story about nothing. Racial temperatures are elevated right now, so the media (and morons like 'Bubba') see an opportunity to make a buck off of it. Nothing more. Best course of action is to completely ignore it and move on.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
They need to eject this race baiting prick from the sport over this. Or at least a year's suspension.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
They need to eject this race baiting prick from the sport over this. Or at least a year's suspension.

They won't.... Wallace has 'plausible deniability':

A source with Richard Petty Motorsports told CNN that Wallace never saw the noose. A member of his team discovered it and immediately brought it to NASCAR’s attention, the source said.

https://theconservativetreehou...edition/#more-195006

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post