SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get rid of ants in my kitchen (the insect kind)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get rid of ants in my kitchen (the insect kind) Login/Join 
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
[I

My Mix is 1/3 Boric acid to 2/3rds powdered sugar. I put it around the foundation of the house and or in a small bottle cap in the house near where they enter. A few days to a week and they are gone. I live in the country and the ants over the last decade were taking over. Once I started this mix I rarely see them any longer. If I do they die quickly.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tact870:
search 'diatomaceous earth', non-toxic, but wear a dust mask when applying. A fine powder that cuts the exoskeleton of crawling insects, and they die soon after contact. Can be applied around baseboards around entire house.

Amazing stuff, but loses effect outside after rain.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Thanks everyone. I have used 3 different types of Terro. Traps or liquid mixed in some sort of food bait.
They are ignoring the traps all together.

Try the liquid by itself, not on any food.
Be patient, they will find it.

When they do, they will make a beeline for it from wherever they are getting into your house.

When I found their entry point in my house, I moved the bait close to it.

I used the liquid bait that comes in a small bottle. Once they found it, everyday there was more of them. Sometimes there was dozens of them.

I left them alone and just kept adding a few drops as the bait was consumed.

Eventually, this killed the entire nest and they haven't come back in years.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
All I did was mix some 20 Mule Team Borax and water, pour it into a spray bottle and spray around, the ants were gone. The only reason I got rid of them was that they liked my jelly beans, would not eat the shell, just the stuff inside.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advion ant gel.
Lineman

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I used the Terro traps and the Ortho outside the condo.
When inside I use the white vinegar and water mix on the granite tops. Seems to help. Kills their trail.

Used a Terro on the inside edge of a cabinet once and wow must have been hundreds of ants taking the bait for 3 days. Gross. They even took their dead comrades.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sickafance
Picture of mikencP226
posted Hide Post
This stuff works every time:

https://www.amazon.com/Control...ticide/dp/B001C4CLJ6

Yeah, that's right: it's named Cyonara!

-----------------------
No confíe en esta administración el mal!

Posts: 7476 | Location: Triangle @ 760 | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post