SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife’s iPhone will only send emails from home wifi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife’s iPhone will only send emails from home wifi Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

A network reset is one of the last things you want to do, just about short of a full phone factory reset.

Bullshit

Network Reset is a useful tool and has solved many issues for me over the years. OMG, you have to renter your Wi-Fi PW and BT pairing again. The horror!

I agree, if repairing BT connections and re-entering WiFi security is too much for you then you have other problems.

However, it doesn't mean the OP issue can't be solved unless a network reset though and with some proper technique and sound deduction of fact it usually will be.

Go through logically and you can solve the problem.
Get impatient and want a quick fix then be prepared for anything. Eek

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

You can't be serious with a comment like that unless you don't even know what an iPhone network reset is.

You mean to say you can't take a minute to re-enter some saved Wi-Fi passwords you have? Roll Eyes

OP: Do the Network Reset, this will most likely solve the issue.

I'm serious. There's at least 40 different networks in my iPhone and I don't have the passwords written down. Bluetooth devices aren't as bad, maybe only 15.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I agree, if repairing BT connections and re-entering WiFi security is too much for you then you have other problems.
It's not that it's necessarily "too much," it's just a hassle that affects far more than just "some saved Wi-Fi passwords" and is probably not necessary in this case.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It would seem that what I changed has remedied the issue she says.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post