SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use a Ridge Wallet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a Ridge Wallet? Login/Join 
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm still from the old school. I tried a leather, two slot card type with a dollar clip. I never developed a smooth way too get the cards in and out with the dollars hanging there. Found a Bellroy that met my needs.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a leather tri fold wallet for most of my life. I need another. Any suggestions?

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I bought a Ridge early last year. It's a great idea. It's compact, holds all my cards & money, BUT I could never get used to it. For me it's a pain in the butt getting to the cards & unfolding money every time I use it. I've switched over to it three different times trying to like it, but I keep going back to a regular old bi-fold.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I've been carrying a leather tri fold wallet for most of my life. I need another. Any suggestions?

https://www.hanksbelts.com/col...sa-made-mens-wallets

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Those look nice.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I guess I am the minority. I picked up a used one off of eBay for about 40 bucks. Mine does not have the money clip, just the elastic band. I have had it for about two years, and I love it. When it craps out, if it ever does, I will definitely buy another one. I carry it in my back pocket, and sometimes you can tell that it’s there, but no different than a billfold in my opinion. I usually carry my cash folded up in a different pocket so the lack of a money clip didn’t bother me.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a carbon one for Christmas many years go, maybe about 6-7 years. I have used it ever since. It has the elastic band. I am front pocket wallet carrier. I have not wanted for another wallet since I got it.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I carry a Ridge Wallet knockoff sold by a vendor at one of our local gun shows. $35.00 and the expanding mesh part that holds the cards is identical to the one Ridge uses, so if yours gets messed up, buy a Ridge one and pop it in. I usually carry 5 cards in it, but it'll easily hold 6 and maybe more. It works very well and in the year or so I've used it I've had no problems or complaints.

Only $35.00 including tax at the show.

https://www.laseroneengraving.com/miscellaneous-2

This thread got me interested in going minimalist and I ended up going with the vendor mentioned by Flash-LB. I liked the idea of the minimalist leather wallets that folded over and had traditional slots for cards but I was concerned about the longevity of them with the abuse of front pocket carry, especially for the price of some of them. I figure that the aluminum will last for a VERY long time. Besides, I don't get into my wallet much these days anyway so the little extra effort to retrieve a specific card really won't bother me. I only carry four cards anyway.

As Flash stated, they are only $35 (including shipping) and that is for their own patterns or your custom pattern. I saw the color of this blue one and it was just begging to be made into the Scottish flag.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post