SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite omelet ingredients?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite omelet ingredients? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
For me:
--ham
--cheese
--scallion
--mushroom
--bell pepper
--tomato
--sriracha

Served with fresh ground and brewed coffee, plenty of crisp thick bacon, fresh baked toasted bread with jelly/jam (orange marmalade preferred) , and either country hash browns or bisquits and gravy.

What's your favorite omelet include?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like a good omelet. Really cheddar or Swiss. The rest is a big plus. I do like mushrooms. Prefer bacon or sausage over ham, but just ever so slightly.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
avocado, spinach, mushroom

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One egg, shredded cheese (various), Kalamata olives, and jalapeños. Top with a hot sauce of your choice. Delicious.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Spinach, cheese (havarti or other), onion, shrooms ... sometimes a little bit of diced potatoes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Eggs and pretty much anything I find to throw in it.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I like mine simple: ham, green pepper, onion, cheese. But I won't object to most ingredients, unless it's something egregious such as spinach or salmon or avocado. Razz

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Eggs and pretty much anything I find to throw in it.

Good point - I was struggling to come up with something and your post is spot on - whatever is availalbe ... LOL

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple for me:
3 Eggs
Green Onions
Cheddar Cheese
Ham or Sausage

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
corned beef hash with peppers onion mushroom mixed together with american cheese

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I like to slice up thin any left over meat from dinner.

Try some left over grilled BBQ chicken breast or steak. Add cheese, scallions, tomato, what ever you like.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
my preference in omlette recipes tend toward crisp fresh veggies such as lightly stir fry snow peas/fresh spinach/various sprouts/shoots (not all together)

add a touch of /various cheeses/sour cream/morels/chanterelles/ from time to time;

toasted sesame seeds/sweet onion sliced/diced red/yellow/green bell peppers/

there's a dozen variations with above list that are delightful on a rotating basis.

A 'just-plain tomato omelet' is a joy.

We do omelet on the weekend, although it's hard to choose when giving up the home made sour dough pan cakes....

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My typical omelette is 2 eggs, sauteed onions, mushroom with 4 state cheddar cheese and tomatoes. If I feel spunky and fatty, I'll use Jalapeno Palmetto Cheese.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
different cheeses and meats. Never mushrooms! Add in a bit of sour cream and some sambal oeleck for a bit of heat and tang.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:

add a touch of ...sour cream.... from time to time;

quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Add in a bit of sour cream ...

WOW. Last year I posted a pic of an omelet with a dab of sour cream and got roundly rebuked. You two are the first since that I've read who will add a bit at times. Good on ya! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Eggs
ham
cheese
scallions

bacon and sourdough toast on the side.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
We had a class breakfast recently at the home of one of the classmates.

She had all the ingredients, bacon, ham, mushroons, onions, salsa, spinach, cheese, etc in separate containers. As each person approached the serving line, they received a baggie with two eggs, already broken, and were told to add the ingredients of their choice to the baggie. The baggie were then immersed in boiling water for 13 minutes, turning out one of the best omelettes I've ever had.

Biscuits, gravy, pastries, fruit, too.

Spinach, bacon, mushroom and cheese! Dang, it was terrific.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lox or smoked salmon, cream cheese, onions, capers and/or tomatoes, if you like. Basically, standard bagels and lox without the bagels.

Simple, yet surprisingly delicious. The biggest thing with any omelette, in my opinion, is to not overcook the eggs to the point of browning.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The baggie were then immersed in boiling water for 13 minutes, turning out one of the best omelettes I've ever had.

Jim, that's a new one on me... "baggie omelet." No question though, sounds quite interesting! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Lox or smoked salmon, cream cheese, onions, capers if you like. Basically, standard bagels and lox without the bagels.

Simple yet surprisingly delicious. The biggest thing with any omelette in my opinion is to not overcook the eggs to browning.

Oh Yes! And for a minor thread drift, I love Eggs Nova Scotia (Lox) more than Eggs Benedict. Good stuff Maynard!

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post