SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite omelet ingredients?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite omelet ingredients? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For me a typical western omelet. Ham, onion, green pepper and cheddar cheese, Many local variations abound. For example different cheeses and red, orange or other types of peppers. Even had one with a schmear of cream cheese across the top.

Posts: 1221 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
My current favorite is from a place called the Squeeze In. It's got chorizo, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeños, avocado, and jack cheese. It comes with green salsa to pour over the top. Combine it with some potatoes covered in onions and cheese; and you've got a great meal!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
My new healthy omelet: 4 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 C of mushrooms, handful of onions and a sprinkle of cheddar....cooked in less than a tsp of olive oil.

It's actually quite tasty and I do not miss the 3 missing yokes.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Western for me eggs, ham, green and red peppers, onions and cheese.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Smoked salmon and brie on the inside and sour cream, diced tomatoes, and capers on top.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Two dozen of us had these without a single loss to melting, so I don't know. They were good quality Ziplock baggies, 1 quart size...... so far so good!

I think the quart size are freezer bags. They are heavier duty.

I think that is right. Online references say the plastic melts at 195F, so 212F seems questionable, but it worked.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My go-to is ham, onions, green pepper, mushrooms, swiss and cheddar, sprinkled with garlic pepper, and slathered with ketchup.

But I'll eat just about anything in an omelet.

Posts: 20564 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually keep it simple: Shredded sharp cheddar and salsa.

Add me to the pro-sour cream list, though I actually whip it in with the eggs (along with some black pepper) before cooking it.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Eggs.
Yep. Just eggs. Scrambled well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Asparagus, swiss cheese, thinly sliced ham, and mushrooms on the side. I usually prepare an omlette for dinner. For breakfast at a diner I like westen or greek style omlettes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt 1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven 375F
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets. (optional. use parchment paper to prevent sticking)
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

(Makes one serving...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
My favorite omelet it the Platte River Platter served at Dozens in Denver. Crab, shrimp, cheese and hollandaise sauce.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
My favorite omelet it the Platte River Platter served at Dozens in Denver. Crab, shrimp, cheese and hollandaise sauce.

Damn that sounds GOOD. Had to check their menu out. OMG all of their omelets sound fantastic!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We had a class breakfast recently at the home of one of the classmates.

She had all the ingredients, bacon, ham, mushroons, onions, salsa, spinach, cheese, etc in separate containers. As each person approached the serving line, they received a baggie with two eggs, already broken, and were told to add the ingredients of their choice to the baggie. The baggie were then immersed in boiling water for 13 minutes, turning out one of the best omelettes I've ever had.

Biscuits, gravy, pastries, fruit, too.

Spinach, bacon, mushroom and cheese! Dang, it was terrific.

Neat idea - never heard of that before.

Posts: 640 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Chorizo!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Chopped Jalapeños. Once had minced Rattlesnake added in south Texas, was actually quite good.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
diced beer brat, mushrooms, fresh shredded cheddar cheese, black olive, green bell pepper,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post