SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just ate my weight in oysters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just ate my weight in oysters Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Shem creek bar & Grill or Reds Ice House ?

Actually walked down a bit further to Art’s. Shem Creek might as well be my second home however.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You can have mine. I don't like oysters. But I'm glad that you can enjoy them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
How much do you weigh? The average weight in the US is about 200lbs.

If you ate 200lbs of oysters, how are you not hospitalized?

I hear that oysters are an aphrodisiac. How sexy are you now?

For some reason, I doubt you ate your weight. I also doubt you are any sexier.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

And just like that, my sexy vibe is gone...

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

The following is on the back of a T-shirt from a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale that's been there since the 1950's! LOLOL

FISH makes you live longer
Oysters make you love longer
Clams make you last longer...….

https://www.bing.com/images/se...ist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
First order of fresh oysters just consumed, at Savannah Seafood Shack.
Holy cow.
I'm in heaven.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
The wife and I went here a few weeks back with another couple:

Sherwood Mill Pond

Awesome place that was granted to the current operating family by the king of England back in 1747 I believe. You take a skiff out to the original "barrel house" and start shucking your own. Their oysters are sent all over the world and have a very unique taste. It's a really fun thing to do on a New England fall afternoon and I recommend anyone in the area give it a shot. Due to my shucking ability they were very happy to see me leave after I had shucked roughly 100 oysters for myself and guests!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Any love for smoked baby oysters in a tin?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:

Shem Creek might as well be my second home however.

Good fishing spot! Was there in 2014 and watched a guy haul in a floormat of a founder right from this area at the end of the boardwalk:

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love oysters, but won't eat them raw anymore after contracting Hepatitis. That was 6 of the worst weeks of my life!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

I love oysters, but won't eat them raw anymore after contracting Hepatitis. That was 6 of the worst weeks of my life!
I am quite sure that you are mistaken. I have it on good authority that this is not a danger.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...470025264#4470025264

After all, if you can't trust Jimmy, who can you trust?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

I am quite sure that you are mistaken. I have it on good authority that this is not a danger.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...470025264#4470025264

After all, if you can't trust Jimmy, who can you trust?

PLEASE DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I did not say that you cannot get Hepatitus from eating raw oysters, because you can. I said that you have about the same odds of getting hepatitis from a restaurant salad as you do raw oysters, which is true.

In your case the risk is even higher, because you've mentioned on numerous occasions that you eat salads from fast food restaurants.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

you've mentioned on numerous occasions that you eat salads from fast food restaurants.
You will find that when you reach my age, your memory is the second thing that you lose.

I do not recall ever stating that I eat salads from fast food restaurants.

Memory fault, maybe, but I don't think I have ever eaten a salad at a fast food restaurant. In fact, I rarely eat salads at all, not in fast food restaurants, not in slow food restaurants, and seldom at home, although if I am going to eat a salad it would be more likely at home where I can prepare it.

Perhaps you can link to a few of the "numerous occasions" posted on this forum, in which I made the alleged statement?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

you've mentioned on numerous occasions that you eat salads from fast food restaurants.
You will find that when you reach my age, your memory is the second thing that you lose.

I do not recall ever stating that I eat salads from fast food restaurants.

Memory fault, maybe, but I don't think I have ever eaten a salad at a fast food restaurant. In fact, I rarely eat salads at all, not in fast food restaurants, not in slow food restaurants, and seldom at home, although if I am going to eat a salad it would be more likely at home where I can prepare it.

Perhaps you can link to a few of the "numerous occasions" posted on this forum, in which I made the alleged statement?

I seem to remember a couple of mentions of Wendy's chili and the salad bar a while back. I don't have time to look for them right now as I'm leaving for the Exumas first thing in the morning until the 6th and have to pack and get a few things in order before I leave first thing in the morning.

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Years ago saw a study that pointed out the three bad things you can get from eating raw oysters.... they had done a study and found out that if you drank hard liquor straight while eating the oysters you could not get two of those.... I always do a couple shots of tequila when I east them raw.

I usually chase mine down with a few bottles of Corona with lime but I like the way you think. I have to try this next time I grab my favorite Blue Points. Raw in the shell with a squeeze of lemon and a shot of hot sauce. I can easily have two dozen and my son is the same way.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I seem to remember a couple of mentions of Wendy's chili and the salad bar a while back. I don't have time to look for them right now
So, according to you, there were "numerous occasions," but you are unable to point to even one, "no time to look." You're gonna have to do better than that. Roll Eyes

I don't ever recall seeing a salad bar in Wendy's. If there are any, certainly not in any of the locations that I have ever been in.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים