SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Apparently a video has surfaced showing what happened on the set and the aftermath that ensued. I don't believe it shows anyone actually getting shot.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So now the armorer was on the set, and she was the one who physically handed the gun to AB? Why was it initially reported that it was the Assistant Director who put the weapon in Baldwin's hand?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16391 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
And here we have it...

"The Hunt For Red October and Mission: Impossible star also insists he never actually pulled the trigger, simply partially pulling back the hammer and then letting it go as he followed instructions to aim his vintage revolver at the camera."

LINK

A single-action revolver with the old-style firing mechanism can fire without either the hammer being cocked or the trigger being pulled. When the hammer is down on that kind of revolver, the firing pin protrudes and, if a live round is loaded in the chamber underneath, a sharp enough jolt can cause the pin to strike the round’s primer with enough force to set it off.

(Dropping the hammer can be enough of that jolt.)

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin told ABC. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

This version of events is even more difficult to square with the idea that Baldwin never pulled the trigger.

When the hammer is pulled back on a single-action revolver a series of sears are engaged which prevent it from moving back towards the chamber without the trigger being depressed. There are scenarios where the gun might be able to fire after the hammer is pulled back but without the trigger being pulled. However, they’re even more unlikely than a discharge with the hammer all the way down.

The first is that Baldwin managed to pull the hammer back far enough that releasing created a strong enough strike against the primer to set it off, but not far enough to engage the sear at quarter or half cock. That is, frankly, implausible.

The next possibility is a physical defect with the gun. The sears could have been so worn out they don’t catch the hammer as Baldwin manipulates it. But, that’s not likely either since it would be clear to anyone who handled the gun that it was broken.

What seems far more likely is Baldwin kept the trigger depressed as he pulled the hammer back. Then, when he released the hammer, the trigger kept the sears out of the way, and the gun fired. Perhaps Baldwin is making some kind of semantic argument about pulling a trigger rather than keeping it depressed while cocking the hammer, but that’s a distinction without a difference.

The most likely scenario remains that Baldwin had his finger on the trigger when the gun fired. His full comments make that even more likely.
Link

(and now there is the photo appearing to prove it)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5648 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Proof that the privileged operate under a different set of "laws". You or I would still be in jail. He disgusts me.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Season 1, Episode 14, "A Bullet For Baldwin"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3768 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not a different set of laws, but the rich can afford lawyers who can maximize their client's protection under the same set of laws. The sheriff and DA running this case know that they won't be able to muscle a guilty plea from rich defendant, like they can with a poorer defendant who can't afford a major legal fight, and that if the case goes to trial, everything they present will be dissected in minute detail looking for any flaws.

quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Proof that the privileged operate under a different set of "laws". You or I would still be in jail. He disgusts me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This is the armorer's police interview hours after after the shooting. The first 13 minutes are her waiting, then going through her rights. I did skip around a bit, but my takeaways are:

- she appears incompetent as an armorer, she doesn't know the proper terminology and nomenclature of her "profession", using terminology like "nipple", "thingy", etc. She would sound like a complete novice at a gun range.

- she does not exhibit any remorse, any kind of emotion in regards to the death that happened just a few hours prior. She seems almost intoxicated.

- she is an idiot for doing the interview, at the very least without an attorney present.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Anything new?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a steaming load of horse shit. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Hilaria Baldwin says 'enemies' of husband Alec 'seek to destroy' him as she defends his 'humanity' online

Suck it up, Buttercup. Your husband has run his suck for years on subjects about which he knows nothing, and he's trashed anyone and everyone who doesn't fall in line with his puerile Hollywood beliefs. You're one to piss and moan about others trying to "destroy" your fuckstick of a husband. What goes around, comes around, Missy. How do you like the taste of your own medicine?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107746 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Delusional arrogant pompous buffon asshole he is. Now he wants an apology.

When a Twitter user accused Baldwin of not taking responsibility for the shooting, he responded by saying: “When the DA’s report comes out, you can apologize to me.”

LINK TO THE REST OF THE STORY

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
he responded by saying: “When the DA’s report comes out, you can apologize to me.”

should have retorted, "do you think they'll let me in to visit you in prison?"

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't know Alec, why don't you tell us. Given his fits of rage in public the answer to what happened on set will be interesting.

Any time Ah-rwick Bal-win is on twitter, this needs to be posted in reply.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
At the very least baldwin should have charged with manslaughter a long time ago.

DA is stalling.

Posts: 1577 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Apparently Alec Baldwin now has a podcast on iHeart. For the last couple weeks one of the radio stations I listen to, owned by iHeart, has been running a promo in which Baldwin comes on in a quiet contemplative voice and talks about his interview with a WW II hero veteran, then a quick sound byte from the veteran comes on about his service, then the promo switches back to Baldwin inviting listeners to listen to his podcast.

I'm not, in anyway, questioning the veteran's service and the power in his words, but Baldwin's words seem to imply a patriotism on his part that I just find difficult to believe.

I'm not going to bother listening to a Baldwin podcast, but I can't help thinking it's nothing more than a Hollywood production exploiting a veteran's honor and service for ratings, and a way for Baldwin to virtue signal his new-found patriotism , and I roll my eyes every time I hear the promo.

Baldwin might just be laying the groundwork for his next career.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Where are all the other interviews? Why did they release just hers?

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Where are all the other interviews? Why did they release just hers?

A portion of the police interview video w/ Baldwin is only one page before this one. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Very good.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Updating, criminal charges are still on the table, but the DA is waiting for "key forensic evidence before a decision can be made." Still outstanding is forensic analysis of the weapon, review of data from Mr. Baldwin's cellphone, and results from medical examiners.

Prosecutors await forensic analysis in Alec Baldwin shooting on set of ‘Rust’

Meanwhile, a complaint has been filed against the film's producers (which includes Baldwin) by the state environment department for safety violations.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16391 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post