Notify
Tools

**** Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I guess oaths no longer mean the same today as the did in the past.

They are more concerned about the "do no harm" portion as it relates to their employers or professional organizations than they are the individual patients. Same holds true for insurance companies.
Think about it this way. Can any hospital or large medical practice exist without their federal medicare and medicaid reimbursements? The government ultimately holds the purse strings and they've made it very clear to everyone in the medical community what the 'only' answer to the question of vaccination must be. Doctors aren't going to be allowed by their hospital or partners to deviate from the orthodoxy and put their organizations at financial risk. This is the reason I agree with what Balze noted above in terms of trust in the medical profession.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
There is a member name that is not among the respondents that I would wish for a response from. Hopefully he has corresponded privately. I am not versed enough to offer an opinion to anyone, other than my own, but I wish you and your family well. Take care, and know you’re in everyone’s thoughts.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
First, of like to say I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter's illness, and I hope that whatever she decides she is able to get the transplant and makes a full recovery. It angers me that she is even being put in this position, as I don't agree with people being forced to accept treatment as a condition of receiving other unnecessary treatment, and I really don't like seeing people being bullied into taking this vaccine at all.

That said, I and my wife are both vaccinated. We took it voluntarily...me because of all the people I get exposed to at work and I wanted to reduce the chances of bringing it home, and her because she was planning a trip to Europe that was ultimately unfortunately cancelled anyway due to covid. I also decided I'd rather play guinea pig with my own body rather than chance having something bad happen to one of my kids.

I got the Pfizer shot, and my wife got Moderna. Each of us has also had one booster. Neither of us had any immediate complications from either shot. Neither of us has contracted Covid, despite being exposed multiple times. I do know others at work, though, who got the shot and still contracted Covid. All of their cases were mild. I also know others who didn't get the shot and got Covid bad, and were left with long-term consequences or died.

I got my shots in March and April of this year. In October I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm 36 years old, have a healthy BMI, am active, and have no family history of diabetes. Where it came from, I don't know. I haven't been sick or had any other medical issues in over 2 years...the vaccine is literally the only medical thing I've done in that time. Personally, I have my suspicion that the MRNA vaccine is responsible. I've asked the doctors about my concerns, and they just told me there's no way to know. One made the point that millions of people have gotten the vaccine, and there hasn't been a significant uptick in new diabetics. I guess I can't really argue that logic, but I still have this nagging feeling that my specific immune system somehow got triggered to attack my pancreas by the vaccine. If I could go back and untake the shot, I would. But like I said, I have no actual proof that the vaccine is what caused this, and probably never will. Maybe I just won the gentic lottery and the timing is pure coincidence.

quote:
On two different I had to step up for my daughter and if I had not done so the results would of been disastrous. Each time the doctor on duty watching the ICU in-room cameras came to my defense that I did the right thing.

And personally, during this time, if I had been advocating for myself there is a good chance that my prostate cancer would have been caught sooner ... and for that, I blame myself.

On a separate note, I have to 100% agree with the above. Until the last few months, my experience with the medical system has been very limited. Annual checkups, sports physicals, the occasional trip to the ER with a hurt kid...stuff like that. I always just took my doctors at their word, because they're the trained, educated professionals and I'm not. What I've learned in these last few months is that the medical system is hopelessly FUBARed...even basic, common stuff like Diabetes treatment is a nightmare to navigate. The doctors want to treat you off a checksheet, and issue you prescriptions off a list, without regard for whether you actually need them or not. My endo seems to think I'm a 65 year-old 350lb retired guy who never gets off the couch, rather than a 36 year-old who works 12-16 hour days on a rotating schedule, and who also works out and runs at least a mile and a half on a daily basis. She has no idea what to do with me, and I've had to figure out a lot of it on my own. And don't get me started on pharmacies and insurance!

You absolutely have to stand up for yourself, take control of your treatment, ask questions, and don't just take stuff at face value. It appears you've got that down, and your daughter is lucky to have you to help her navigate through this. Sometimes difficulties in past experiences prepare us to deal better with future ones, and it sounds like you're there.

I'll be praying for you and your daughter as you work through this decision together. Don't let the politics or bullying from either side influence your decision...dig through all that crap, find the facts, and help your daughter make the right call for her.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten the jab as has my wife. We are holding off on the kids to see what happens or if it becomes required at some point but currently not interested and I'm pretty sure they were exposed at the start of this when it jumped from China to here that February or so. I got Moderna and had it before then so I likely didn't need the jab but work said get it or hit the bricks.I decided that wasn't the hill I wanted to die on especially as the army has already put whatever it felt like in my bloodstream so whats one more experiment. Moderna as you've probably heard is fine for the first shot and flu like for the second for most people. After that I've been fine with no ill effects.

My wife got Pfizer since J&J was killing women at the time and they pulled it for a bit or experienced....a shortage. Whatever, not a doctor. Anyways she was fine after the two pfizer jabs, no sickness.

All of us were apparently exposed over this thanksgiving from family who tested neg on the rapid but positive on the PCR. (no i didn't ask them to be tested, they did it because they wanted to and are paranoid because they watch the news)All of us were exposed and none of us got sick. We all also tested negative on our own PCRs this week, again I believe whole family got exposed by me when I got it at the start of the Vids.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation OP. I would personally see if there is a doctor/surgeon you think is more competent than the one you have that doesn't require the shot, that can get her taken care of in time. If not then I'd just get her whichever shot and call it a day. Same for if you cant find a better doctor/surgeon/care team, whatever we are calling them nowadays. I honestly dont think there is any evil nefarious nonsense involved with the shot. If they were going to do that they'd call it a flu shot and just lie to you if they wanted to. Nobody would know for like 50 years. Plenty of documentation on that. If it saves and improves the quality of her life I'd just get it. No matter what, I hope you all and her the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post