SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post

The guy in gray is out of step . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They're not all in step on the original, either.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Might want to brush up on "Paul is Dead" on Google.

Note he is barefoot as well. Some other hints too.

He's holding the phone with his right hand instead of his left hand. That's actually significant in this case since he's a left handed person. Therefore the person in the photo was a right handed double playing the part of Paul since he's dead.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

It’s the album cover for the Beatles’ Abbey Road from 1969, but now they all are looking at cellphones. I took it more as a dig at all the people on the streets into their phones as opposed to something Beatles specific.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ringo Starr is also left handed.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:

flashguy

It’s the album cover for the Beatles’ Abbey Road from 1969, but now they all are looking at cellphones. I took it more as a dig at all the people on the streets into their phones as opposed to something Beatles specific.

This. It has nothing to do with beatles. It's a dig at people living on the phones, also probably a nod to the idiots who fall in manholes or walk into traffic, fountains, walls, etc.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
But back to the Firefly cast dressed in Star Trek uniforms and gadgets, with a logo that says Star Wars. We never got that far in the explanation.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:

flashguy

This. It has nothing to do with beatles. It's a dig at people living on the phones, also probably a nod to the idiots who fall in manholes or walk into traffic, fountains, walls, etc.

Nothing to explain, you either find the picture amusing—or you don’t.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
But back to the Firefly cast dressed in Star Trek uniforms and gadgets, with a logo that says Star Wars. We never got that far in the explanation.

It's sorta like this...

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Therefore the person in the photo was a right handed double playing the part of Paul since he's dead.

Why do you think this isn’t the original picture, photoshopped?

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ It is a photoshopped photo.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Therefore the person in the photo was a right handed double playing the part of Paul since he's dead.

I don’t think you understand. Radioman doesn’t need me to explain for him, but he was referring to the original album cover and the “Paul is dead” legend. I am certain he knows the picture is photoshopped.

I just thought it was a funny picture; didn’t mean to stir shit up.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

I take these as a dig to the casual fan that gets them mixed up,,

and a dig at the sci fi geeks (raises hand) who take some of it a bit too serious

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:

I don’t think you understand. Radioman doesn’t need me to explain for him, but he was referring to the original album cover and the “Paul is dead” legend. I am certain he knows the picture is photoshopped.

I just thought it was a funny picture; didn’t mean to stir shit up.
I didn't know what it was a picture of, just that one guy was not in step. I knew it was a joke about everyone staring at their phones.

flashguy

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't know what it was a picture of, just that one guy was not in step. I knew it was a joke about everyone staring at their phones.

flashguy

Yep, thems the Beatles. A somewhat local band to England. Liverpool to be more precise. I hear they did pretty well. Wink

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Note: the following is not a meme, but I don't understand it. Some help would be appreciated.
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Crazy never thinks it is....

flashguy

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note: the following is not a meme, but I don't understand it. Some help would be appreciated....

darthfuster posted, "Crazy never thinks it is...."

My picture reply is the equal to the written: "Winner winner, chicken dinner".

In that, darthfuster, nails it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note: the following is not a meme, but I don't understand it. Some help would be appreciated.
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Crazy never thinks it is....

flashguy

At first I didn't get it either, but I think the "the Monkey" is trying to say "winner-winner chicken dinner!" Wink

Edit: he beat me by a minute! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Oy!

So, now we need a thread to explain the thread that explains the meme thread?

LOL

I'm going to bed!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post