SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chinese Olympic cheating
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chinese Olympic cheating Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Why any US team is going to China for this sham of a Olympics is beyond me. The entire thing should be boycotted by every country in the world.
Yep. There should not be an American athlete anywhere in that event. And the US news agencies should not cover it.

flashguy

Completely agree. We should not step foot at the olympics this round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...you gotta figure President Potato and Crack-Head Hunter have a lot of butt smooching to do over there. ChapStick is probably their official sponsor...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm channel surfing and see something interesting I might watch . I won't go looking for it though . Cheating is to be expected by these countries .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
They doped their people to win at.... Ping Pong?
Important sport! Roll Eyes Who will they juice next? The Curling team?

Gymnastics and swimming is where the Chinese seem to be focusing their efforts.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I won’t watch one second of the Olympics, not one!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I won’t watch one second of the Olympics, not one!

I'm with you, who cares?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I stopped watching the Olympics when broadcasters stopped showing the competition. Now they just report on the competition with highlights. Boring. I’d rather eat my own pancreas.

This pretty much. They don’t show any competitions and they haven’t for years. Just “ESPN’ type highlights. No drama. No sport.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to our US athletes but I’m not watching any of it. The fact that it’s held in China who is responsible for the state of the world right now. China can go fuck itself.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of from HH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
East Germans

I remember their women's swim team. Even at a distance - because nobody could get close enough - it was apparent that they had suspiciously muscular builds, probably from taking testosterone. But no one called them on it.

Kornelia Ender won four gold medals for the East Germans. Her lats and other back muscles were comparable to Arnold's.

1976 in Montreal, when the East German women’s swim team trainer Rolf Gläser was asked by journalists about their suspiciously deep voices, he answered: „they‘re here for swimming, not for singing“ Roll Eyes Big Grin

————————————————————————————

Aus einem traurigen Arsch kommt niemals ein fröhlicher Furz.
(Martin Luther)

Posts: 328 | Location: Hamburg / Germany | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, our country is allowing men to compete as women, so how is that any different/better? Politics and liberalism have killed athletic integrity. It's sad because there are a lot of really great athletes out there who are working their butts off to do it right, but their achievements get overshadowed by all the BS drama.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
As an aside, I was talking last year to a GB coach about the Chinese and their pistol shooting.

It would seem that they start kids off at age 8 and whittle them down as they get older to a mere eight or ten thousand possibles.

And the continual refining and refining until they end up with a team. Out of that team comes their Olympic hopeful.

Ah, I forgot to mention that they start with around 80,000...

Every year.

He said that the sight of around a hundred kids practicing dry-firing for hours at a time towards a small mark on an otherwise blank wall was very sobering.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:

They better not mess with curling. That's my favorite olympic sport..

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's actually quite normal in business. Try to take on the number one in any product line and whoever is number one will do anything to protect its standing. If anyone's going to be good at pingpong, it's going to be China and they want to make sure they keep it as theirs.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that the world, knowing what is going on with the Uyghurs, is ok with attending these Olympic games. The doping should be the least of our concerns.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One more thing to keep one’s stress level at a minimum by ignoring.

The only reason the Reds do this stuff is because of the support the rest of the world gives them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
It amazes me that the world, knowing what is going on with the Uyghurs, is ok with attending these Olympic games. The doping should be the least of our concerns.

When Jimmy Carter shows more of a spine then the present occupier of the Oval Office, that's saying something.
What would the liberals say about us attending the 1936 Olympics if it happened today?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Playing Devils advocate here for a minute. (sort of)

Let me preface that I despise China and everything they represent. And I will not be watching the Olympic Games next month.

With that being said - there are many Olympic sports that only have 6-8 year windows for their athletes. Strength events, wrestling, judo, gymnastics, etc. This results in 1-2 potential Olympic Games opportunities. Most of these athletes will not enter professional sports after the Olympics nor have significant fiscal sponsors beyond perhaps a Subway commercial. Roll Eyes

They have sacrificed 10+ years of their lives for this one shot at greatness.

I respect this a great deal and do not want to see any athlete denied the opportunity to compete at the highest level in their chosen sport. I don't begrudge them for competing in China - they don't get to choose where the games will be held and for many - this may be their only chance.

The best thing we can do, if not boycotting as a Nation, is to send our best over to China and mop the damn floors with the Red Dragon !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
What would the liberals say about us attending the 1936 Olympics if it happened today?
Since so many of them are Holocaust deniers, I'd say they'd be all for it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I stopped watching the Olympics when broadcasters stopped showing the competition. Now they just report on the competition with highlights. Boring. I’d rather eat my own pancreas.

I hate the coverage. It is all gymnastics and skating, which I don't even like. And they don't cover the events, they run endless stories about how Litte Miss Skater-girl got up at 4:00 a.m. to practice skating, yada yada yada.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna be that guy who says that thing: "Wait, there's an Olympics happening?"

And I don't mean it in that way that people normally do when they post it; I mean, until I opened this thread just now, I honestly didn't know there was an Olympics underway (or about to be, since I just looked at see it's Feb. 4).

A.) Not having TV is liberating.
B.) I am relieved to have not one fuck to give about an event that has become so inane and political.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post