SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do You Like Better - 2002 Pick Up or 2024 Pick Up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Like Better - 2002 Pick Up or 2024 Pick Up? Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
Let it begin...

We have a Tesla dealership near our office and they utilize a dying mall nearby for overflow parking. When I went to lunch there were about 8 of the new Telsa pick ups, and when I returned after lunch to take pics, only one was left.

Do you like my old 2002 Ranger with 160k miles or the 2024 Tesla better Smile

Posts: 3726 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Considering the price, I'd 100% take the Ranger.
Always liked that generation Ranger.
College roommate had a '94 that his dad bought new. 4.0 V6 & 5MT, had over 300k on it when he traded it for a Tahoe.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
What do they cost? The window sticker was laying upside down in the back seat.

Posts: 3726 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Maybe a black one:

Posts: 10952 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Between the two I'd take the Ranger. Yours is is nice shape! I'm pretty content with my 3/4 Ton '01 Silverado. Manual locks, manual windows, manual mirrors, vinyl floors, am/fm radio, 8 foot bed, LQ4 with a 4L80E and 4.10s in the rear. Everything I need, and it all still works.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I'd take your Ranger any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one of those Teslas last weekend. It looked like someone welded some spare stainless steel panels together for a Mad Max cosplay car.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I never really cared for the Ranger. Had a much earlier one once that wasn’t a great example and that probably soured me. Bought one new around 1999 (when the interior trim on the Toyota pickups was particularly rough and at least the local dealer was excessively proud of them). After buying the ranch went back looking for four wheel drive and in ‘01 like the Taco much better. Never have looked back since.

That said, Elon’s “truck” is pure bfugliness and it would be your Ranger all day every day over that thing.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Where do you put the sheets of plywood?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Heck, it almost looks wide enough to fit in the back length-wise.

Also it has a back seat which I assume folds down.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Real easy... no EV shitbox of any kind for me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The Red Ranger. Period. .

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your Ranger would sell instantly in the Yoop.
The Tesla? Probably not.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I exchanged a 2902 3/4 ton GMC with the 8.1liter/allison for a 2018 GMC 1 ton 6.6 Duramax and never looked back. Modern trucks are so much nicer.

Not ready to go EV yet. I’ll stay with the Duramax. Main reason is I tow a 15,000 trailer for camping. But that’s my story.

For the options listed, think I’d still stay with the Ranger. I think EV trucks need to advance a bit more before seriously considering one.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Cybertruck is one ugly truck....

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
can't we just keep the pick up as God intended?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I drive a EV and I think the cyber truck looks like ass…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the Cybertruck is going to look like and if it will be running in 2046, when it is as old as your truck is now.

Saw a 30's/40's vintage IH pickup on the road the other day, with a flatbed hauler bed. Doubt any EV is going to last as long, or ever haul anything other than ass.

Posts: 6479 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I will take your Ranger, even though it is a Ford! Smile

Posts: 791 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the Tesla is not a truck.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post