SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do You Like Better - 2002 Pick Up or 2024 Pick Up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Like Better - 2002 Pick Up or 2024 Pick Up? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Seems like robocop should step out and start shooting everything

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have to give credit for Musk and Co. for giving the modern pickup styling world a gigantic middle finger.

So they say it is ugly or whatever. Does it look better than a Ram REV? Could the cheap plastic grille be bigger on the Tundra?

Does the redesigned GMC Sierra look like a shitty set of Legos? Did the Power Puff girls design the new Silverado?

If I had to get a Rivian, it will be yellow and have a Pikachu tail tacked on the hitch (I'd just gotta).

Doesn't seem to matter, as long as it has a 17" touchscreen and Apple Car Play, the driver doesn't have to look at the truck when they are inside it.

So yeah, back to the original question, the Ranger. Because they are too busy chasing 'the future' with the design of most any EV.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ranger, if you like the Tesla, I'll buy your ranger for whatever they offer you for trade in. Been looking for a older truck for home depot trips and other time a truck would be useful.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'd rather drive a Yugo than that oogly sumbitch.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Not an EV fan at all. However is there a cheaper bullet proof vehicle on the market, you know, for what may come? Wink

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this is a Karma, the Tesla please.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd take the Tesla. Then I'd immediately sell it, buy a '77 F150, and pocket the remainder of the cash.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That POS is an abomination compared any any conventional vehicle, especially a real US of A Truck. Good lord. Ugliest thing I've ever seen on four wheels.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Where do you put the sheets of plywood?

In the bed that’s probably bigger than the Rangers.

This would be fun but I bet these tracks would half the battery.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I would take your Ranger any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
can't we just keep the pick up as God intended?

I'll second that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
gotta admit the crazy configuration is rather intriguing to me.....and I finally managed to quit buying rigs for their looks.

Other than individual EV quirk-Land issues, my county claims to have all of "7" charging stations. The closest is 20 miles down the road.

Oh.....and my own 2020 Ranger is paid off.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't speak for God, but that is the pick up as I intended.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Pickup truck design peaked with the 1972 Chevrolet.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Ranger, hands down.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Ranger. Im not ready for an EV on the farm. Neither’s the farm.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:

I'll second that.

Square body C10 for the win!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Free. I'd take the Tesla. If I gotta pay for it... gimme that Ranger! LOL

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’d take the Tesla when built in solar charging ability and batteries with massive amounts of capacity can charge and guarantee extended range after the sun has gone down. In other words, I’ll take the Ranger.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15581 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'll take that Ranger over the Tesla, which looks like it should be a prop for a sci-fi movie or that old Thunderbirds TV show and not at all practical, any day of the week. I'll also take it over any new Ranger (nearly the size F-150s used to be, plus only available with a turbo four and 10-speed auto), or any new truck, for that matter. They have gotten too big, to the point of being unwieldy, too complicated and way too expensive. Slight demerit if it has the 4.0 SOHC V6, an engine I detest.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post