SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Waking up this morning at 50...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waking up this morning at 50... Login/Join 
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!! I turned 48 on July 2nd and that was tough, I imagine 50 will be a day off work beer day.

Posts: 322 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I started downhill skiing the day before my 50th birthday.
Stay in shape and you’ll still be doing fun stuff 20+ years later.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, JD.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I started downhill skiing the day before my 50th birthday.
Stay in shape and you’ll still be doing fun stuff 20+ years later.

Great advice!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Beats NOT waking up. Now, THAT would be a sucky birthday.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Pee whenever you get a chance, welcome to the 50s.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Pee whenever you get a chance, welcome to the 50s.

.....and never trust a fart.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Welcome to the 50+ club! Have you scheduled your colonoscopy yet? Big Grin Eek Razz

Beat me to the Punch. Check for thick long fingers, that’s a NO-GO.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I’m 50 and have a 12 year old, and a 4 year old... Big Grin. If I didn’t have old football injuries going all arthritic on me, I feel 30.

It’s a mindset

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 53, I'm sure I am not as strong as I was at 40, but my life really hasn't changed. I still do what I always did. I am concerned about when "that day" comes that my body betrays me in a big way. It happens to everyone.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post