SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Waking up this morning at 50...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waking up this morning at 50... Login/Join 
posted
...was the same as going to bed at 49 last night.

Kind of thought there’d be a big ass parade or something outside, but nope.

Luckily, the Mrs. allowed me to fulfill that midlife crisis...by getting a minivan!!! Cool

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting you're pushing age 80 and hoping you will wake up tomorrow.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to you.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday. You’ve entered your twilight years.

I’m 61. In my final decline. Wink

Posts: 26940 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
Luckily, the Mrs. allowed me to fulfill that midlife crisis...by getting a minivan!!! Cool

Hey, I’m only 38, but my Cherokee is in the shop for a new CV boot and rear axle bearing. The dealer gave me a Pacifica for a loaner.

I like the cup holders.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the 50+ club! Have you scheduled your colonoscopy yet? Big Grin Eek Razz

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the 50's. I remember when I thought 30 was over the hill.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club. Pass the Ibuprofen.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
50 is the new 30. I took up P90X at 50. You're just getting started. Happy Birthday!

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Wait till you wake up at 65 and you think to your own damn self "just yesterday I waz 55" Eek ...at least you woke up Big Grin...actually, I kinda liked my old Villager minivan (it carried a bunch of range stuff).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Welcome! I hit 50 in January. This is when the fun really begins. Let's hear it for us Gen-Xers! Cool

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
You do realize that 50 is half a century! Eek

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7211 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Congrats.Smile
Gettin' old gets here faster than anyone thinks.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!!

55 here, mountain biking at 10K+ altitude here in Colorado. Girlfriend started mountain biking last year and is making excellent progress riding blue trails already.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday. 50 is hard, you'll be fine. I know because I passed it about 12 years ago.

Posts: 7566 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Your thread had me thinking back to my 50th. Arrived at work to find a walker planted in my parking space. Opened the door to my office to find it jammed with balloons. The pranks continued all morning. Figured I'd be able to escape at lunch with a per-scheduled meeting with a friend. Ever cautious I scoped out the restaurant parking lot and didn't see any familiar cars. Went inside to find damned near the entire office there. They had parked down the street. The local "cookie lady" had been hired to show up. She was dressed in a French Maid's costume and was quite hot. Sat on my lap and sang "Happy Birthday" in French. All this because I had once (or maybe twice) joked that I needed a French Maid to "help" around the house. Smile There was a lot more that day and I was gifted with a VCR tape of the highlights. Fun and very enjoyable! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I may have to rez this thread in 22 days. Frown Big Grin

Posts: 7374 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha1 50. I remember that. Vaguely.

Posts: 17148 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Happy birthday. You’ve entered your twilight years.

I’m 61. In my final decline. Wink

Once you are over the hill, you pick up speed. (Ask me how I know).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have trouble even remembering 50.

Oh, Happy Birthday. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5050 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post