SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last night's lesson learned from the ER
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last night's lesson learned from the ER Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know "the rest of the story"

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar to an experience I once had (with an inmate/patient.) A new catheter user, he was concerned it would slip out (it would not, it was a Foley, but he was stupid.) He tied a string tightly around the base, and 24 hours later he had a gangrenous penis. Sounds like a Perry Mason story, doesn't it? The Case of.....

Posts: 17153 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Don't fall asleep while drunk and taking a piss in the woods when the temperature is -18 degrees.

Did he ever find his Testicles?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And take a lesson from the kid in A Christmas Story. Don't touch it to a metal pole

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Stop it

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Glad you are not dead. They would be a bad legacy to leave. Razz

When I was in Fairbanks, the people that did that were called “drunksicles”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you didn’t get something stuck to a tree? Making mid air frozen rainbows isn’t exactly my idea of fun. I’m more akin to spelling words in the snow with my slipstream

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the cold weather caused enough shrinkage so only the tip turned black.

Posts: 535 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Cercumcicle?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2tbwBpLCazg

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1908 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Cercumcicle?

Hey: I got it. Big Grin

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think drunk and -18 could lead to all sorts of interesting ER interactions.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
This will be another, “once you go black, you can’t go back.” Razz

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'll also add, don't stuff snow down your pants in an attempt to, "Slow the freezing process."

And no, definitely not me, but working triage on some nights can be entertaining...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11785 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
For reasons I cannot fathom, licking lamp-posts in Québec, where it can often get down to -35C, seems to be a winter sport for kids.

Arctic Willy-waving might catch on, or maybe not, who cares?

BTW, a friend of ours, a former paramedic in the regional emergency services, offered a little advice.

He said, and I quote almost verbatim here, - 'never do anything with your self or another person that you'd be embarrassed to have seen by a paramedic'.

Posts: 11342 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
For reasons I cannot fathom, licking lamp-posts in Québec, where it can often get down to -35C, seems to be a winter sport for kids.

Back in college we had a particularly dumb chick do that one time. Left a big chunk of her tongue on the pole...and it was there till spring, lol.

Posts: 8683 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 92 - did she talk with a lisp after that?

Anybody help her with the band-aid?

Posts: 2134 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Does "Hold my beer and watch this" come to mind?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8141 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
No doubt little Elvis did a disappearing act, and is fine (obviously very few ice fishermen here).

Hands now that’s the problem I see hard to do the deed with your mittens on. Could have been naked from the waist up because, well, because Yukon Jack has a cruel sense of humor.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5168 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
- 92 - did she talk with a lisp after that?

Sure did, at least till it healed up, lol

Posts: 8683 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post