SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microwaving Corn on the Cob...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microwaving Corn on the Cob... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I've been posting this annually for a while now. Just in case anyone missed it: Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/U10MkdbzS54

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
That's the only way we do corn now-a-days. Perfect every time!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
That’s a neat way to cook corn and sny hapless Little corn ear worms. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I see this every year you post it but have failed to actually try it.

I’ll try to change that.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
If you want the charred look, micro, shuck, THEN char on the grill. Nobody will know.........

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used this method 2 days ago, and will use it again on Sat. Love me some fresh corn on the cob!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I see this every year you post it but have failed to actually try it.

I’ll try to change that.

If you do try it you'll never go back to the old way. Trust me on this.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using this method since I saw your last post on it, simple and works great. Thanks.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I grill mine now and it comes out awesome.

Not sure about this microwaving...

quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
If you want the charred look, micro, shuck, THEN char on the grill. Nobody will know.........

Fresh corn cooks in no time flat, why double cook it?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Microwaved corn is excellent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I've never microwaved corn on the cob, but im going to try it.

I had deep fried corn on the cob at Pappys Smokehouse in St Louis once. I liked it so much that i make ut about once a week.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Tha ks for the tip. I'll have to try that. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assuming the 3 minutes is for room temp corn?
How long for corn from the refrigerator?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the only one in my house that really enjoys corn so this has been great for me!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Neato.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the worms?

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Protein

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to try this. Thanks for the video.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Assuming the 3 minutes is for room temp corn?
How long for corn from the refrigerator?

We go 4 minutes per ear. Usually 2 at a time at 8 minutes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
grandma goes 3:33 or 6:66 or 9:99 depending on how many ears. I know microwaves are different but its a great time saver none the less!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post