SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will scare a robin away?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will scare a robin away? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Turns out it seems a picture of a person will do it. My wife read this somewhere and cut a full page ad out of one of her magazines and pasted it in the window. It seems to have worked.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Put a rubber snake near where the bird flies into the window. Works like a charm.

This. I had to do this with a Robin that kept building a nest on my porch light.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
anything that will stop the reflection. piece of paper and tape will do it. Or, a light on the inside brighter than the outside lighting.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
i think you need a dog thats not scared of a bird Razz

Yep ,I have a poodle that has caught several in his younger days.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.humanesociety.org/a...rd_safe_windows.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a photo of a owl or hawk in the window that he is pecking on. But sometimes a owl photo will draw birds who raise all hell at the sight of a owl. It's worth a try.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Well at least it's not a raven...

quote:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more.”

...Never more...

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post