SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texan shoots at man for pulling into his driveway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texan shoots at man for pulling into his driveway Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...-driveway-video/amp/

Enraged Texan shoots at man who entered his driveway: video

By Joshua Rhett MillerJune 16, 2020 | 3:20pm
News

A furious, gun-toting Texas man shot another man’s car after he mistakenly drove onto his driveway — and threatened to blast the startled driver in the “f–king head,” wild video shows.

Michael Alan Truelock, 50, of Honey Grove, faces up to 20 years in prison on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the July 2019 encounter in Fannin County, where he’s due back in court next month.

A newly released 45-second clip shows the heated encounter between Truelock and Charles Landers, who was looking for a place to fish as he drove along a roadway in northeast Texas when he apparently made a wrong turn onto the man’s property.

“I didn’t know this was your house,” Landers tells Truelock as the man holds him at gunpoint, video shows.

“Yeah, you f–king did, too!” Truelock replies.

“No, I did not,” Landers insists, further aggravating the armed man as he tries to leave. “I’ma — I’ma go now.”

“No, you’re gonna f–king end up dead,” Truelock replies. “That’s what’s fixin’ to happen to you.”

Truelock then threatens to shoot Landers in the head, telling him, “You ain’t driving nowhere.”

“I promise you, I’ll put it in your f–king head,” Truelock continues in the video. “You’re in my driveway.”

Landers claims he was actually parked on the road, but Truelock is unmoved, according to the footage.

“Put it in f–king park right now,” Truelock tells Landers. “’Cause you’re fixin’ to go to jail … Put it in park or I’ll put a f–king bullet in your head!”

Landers then drives off as Truelock opens fire, hitting the man’s car, video shows. Landers was left so terrified by the confrontation that he reportedly crashed into a nearby ditch.

Truelock was indicted by a grand jury in October, Fannin County District Attorney Richard Glaser told The Post.

In addition to 20 years in prison, he faces up to a $10,000 fine if convicted, Glaser said.

A message seeking comment from Truelock’s attorney was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Freakin' lunatic. My God.

Them Texans sure do take personal property seriously.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas, the Friendly State.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all for protecting your home and property, but unless there is a lot more to the story, this nut job needs a long stretch in jail.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fucking idiot. Take the damn gun away before he kills someone. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27610 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ah... The S&W Smegma. Because only a lunatic would own one. Big Grin

(The driver's actually lucky that this asshole was wielding a Sigma, otherwise he might have actually hit him.)

With his mouth, temper, and extremely poor judgement, he's going to have fun in prison.

Posts: 33103 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
THAT is NOT a typical Texan.
He must be from New York originally.
We might not take shit when shitted on but this is not that moment.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Stupid is what stupid does.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
That’s Lawrence AKA Gomer Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. He looks about as crazy and has earned his prison sentence. Stupid people need to avoid guns.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years back when my oldest son was learning to drive, he mistakenly turned into a driveway thinking it was a side street. It was a dead end that had no room to turn around, and led to a retired guy's house. When we reached the spot in front of his house where we could turn, he approached us and calmly informed us that we were on private property and he had the right to shoot us both, and if we'd be so kind as to leave before he counted to five, he'd be generous and not kill us.

They're out there, those folks.

Neither my son nor I went there looking for any trouble; it was a wrong turn. What he didn't know was that he'd never have got the shot off. Best to be careful who one boils the testosterone for, because they may be faster, better armed, and already have the pistol in their hand. I did.

We left.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
***EDITED***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
As a homicide investigator friend of mine always says, “They walk among us”.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the unwritten rule of not turning around in someone's drive. My father explained that it really angered some people. He explained that it is usually happened alot and that is why people were pissed off. I still don't get it.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The reason you don't get it is because the general public treats my house as theirs. I want to put stop sticks in my drive. I know it'd be a pain moving them every time I come home. But its a pain having folks who are lost decide my drive ia a public place.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was intense. Intensely moronic. That guy will serve a lot of time because no jury wants him out there. Honestly I probably would have parked it and waited for cops. Of course that idiot might have shot me. WTF

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
This asshole is like the punchline of a Dane Cook joke....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYSNVRiq0z8

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy in the car is no threat to the gun holder so the guy with the gun is screwed as he should be. Just because something aggravates you doesn’t make a reason to kill someone.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm an avid angler, or at least I was in my younger healthier days.

Years ago, I was out driving a remote stretch of the 50 + mile of highway that runs in a large canyon right along the twisty mountain river. I often pull off the road to check for both local river conditions as well as to gage if/ how many other anglers are fishing that particular area.

There are many pull-offs along the river, many designated by signage and parking areas, but some nothing more than a slightly wider shoulder of the narrow highway that requires hiking to the river. In between many of these public access areas are also miles of private land on the river. In addition to fishing, the river is popular with white water rafters and kayakers and we mostly get along.

After checking various river stretches I settled on one, parked in the gravel lot, geared up in my waders, and hit the river alone. River fishing is a dynamic environment and I often move, either along the river banks or while wading, often crossing to the far banks.

After working the several hundred yards of river along the parking area I moved downstream along the bank farthest from the highway and parking area. The river banks are often steep, and the surrounding terrain is rugged and overgrown with small trees and tall grass that back all the way up to the train tracks that follow the river and canyon wall.

There was a hatch on and my attention was focused on it and the river, and basic river safety in a remote area.

I had worked my way a good quarter mile or more downstream, below the parking area. I'd hooked a few but I wasn't really seeing the action I was expecting and had decided to start fishing my way back upstream towards the parking area, along the far bank. While at least waist deep in the river I was suddenly shocked by a HUGE splash about 6' away from me. I've had fish splash near me before, but this was no fish splash. I was truly disoriented and confused, trying to figure out what had just happened. It took me probably 20 seconds or more before I noticed a man standing high above me, along the highway. The highway was so high above me I could only make out a couple of the tallest vehicles that went by, although I could barely hear a few. I stood in the river dumbfounded, staring at the man trying to determine if he was the source of the depth charge splash, and he stared straight back at me. After several seconds I saw him bend down out of sight, straighten back up holding a head-sized rock above his head and toss it at me with both hands, with another huge splash landing maybe 8' away.

I was out in the open far from cover, deep enough in the current and an uneven rocky river bottom, weighed down by gear, with no way to quickly maneuver. I thought about diving below the water, but once under in the current I wasn't sure I would be able to fight the current or if I would simply be trading one danger for another.

After the third splash near me the man shouts down to me "how's the fishing?". I had a .44 mag strapped to my chest, partly obscured by my fly vest and waders, and I doubt he could have seen it. I was between fear and anger and trying to decide if large rocks landing near me constituted lethal force. It would have been a long distance shot at a steep upwards angle and, few as they were on the rural highway, I was also concerned about passing vehicles which were in the immediate background of the man, and decided to hold off pulling my gun. He threw another rock near me and said "how's the fishing now?"

The man finally started bitching about guys like me not giving a damn about private property and it was at this point I realized that I may have strayed onto private land, something I would never do intentionally.

He continued to bitch me out for another minute or two, I finally replied "you don't need to be an asshole", but the rock throwing stopped. Eventually the man moved back towards the highway, out of my sight, and I assumed he returned to his vehicle.

As I made my way back upstream, instead of focusing on the river, I focused on the bank and terrain, and eventually spotted a rusty rod with a a faded splotch of paint at the top, partly obscured by tall grass and terrain, so most likely a property marker. Based on the location I'd guess I strayed about 150-200 yards on to private land.

I completely understand and respect private property, but some of these rural property owners are completely ready to use force, including deadly force, to enforce their property rights, and we who spend time recreating in remote areas best keep that in mind.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Private Pyle in real life!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 690 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
THAT is NOT a typical Texan.
He must be from New York originally

Nope.. Native Texan. Lived in several TX towns.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post