SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texan shoots at man for pulling into his driveway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texan shoots at man for pulling into his driveway Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Was there any indication of how long the driveway was? I grew up down long ones. We were pretty aggressive, and concerned, if someone drove to the house.

Posts: 5930 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Local CEO seen in images brandishing gun at hispanic man who got lost
Anyone see the problem with this headline?

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Hispanic should be capitalized and it is too wordy and poorly written. I also fail to understand why his race was part of the headline

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZS, did you not take Propaganda 101? Message is: Big, bad white CEO almost killed poor hispanic who was lost.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry my implication was not clear. I did not see why race needed to be mentioned in the headline. A good editor would have corrected that error.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Good Editor = unicorn

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
THAT is NOT a typical Texan.
He must be from New York originally

Nope.. Native Texan. Lived in several TX towns.

Would you quit bashing NY'ers? I'm one stuck here from work situations, and I am not them. Fuck, I hate you guys that put all NYorkers in the same bucket!!!! WNY rocks Texas values!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Local CEO seen in images brandishing gun at hispanic man who got lost
Anyone see the problem with this headline?

Yes. Big time.

I'll say it. I'm sick to death with the race or ethnicity card playing into everything. I don't give a shit if he was black or white or brown or hispanic or armenian. I don't care.

All this care and pussyfooting around the race isue is by itself racist, and I'm getting tired of the racism.

There is no goddamn thing as race. It has no scientific basis. The human race has no subspecies. None. When someone tries to make a color into a "race," they're racist, and I don't care if they're white or black or brown. Nationality is not a race. Ethnicity is not a race. "Race" is a manmade construct which does not exist. When someone says black lives matter, they're perpetuating the notion of race, which, by definition is racist.

The headlines that incorporate racism are...racist.

The headline should say "Dumbass chases couple that was lost, and confronts with drawn weapon." It's not as enticing to those caught up in the race-matters bullshit. Race does not matter. People matter. Enough.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
OK, so as one of my degrees is in genetics, that’s BS.

There certainly are races, but they aren’t “white, black, etc”

They are Zulu, Welsh, Basque, etc.

Posts: 5930 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
And there are subspecies, though I think the Aboriginals of Australia are almost all that’s left of one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
And there are subspecies, though I think the Aboriginals of Australia are almost all that’s left of one.

There are no existent subspecies; taxinomy inference by definition is that subspecies indicates more than one. Not only is there no plural sub species to Homo Sapiens, but no singular subspecies, which is to say in plain English: there is no such thing as race.

Having lived in Australia for several years and having lived among the aboriginals, I can tell you that they're quite possibly the oldest society or ethnicity known, on earth, but they are no subspecies. They are Homo Sapiens. That they are a darker color, have different colors, different features, does not make them a race; they are not. They are not a subspecies of Homo Sapiens. There is no existent human subspecies.

Maisel ponders the question of subspeciation in an interesting essay of psychological differences: https://www.psychologytoday.co...o-sapiens-subspecies

Technically, you could say we ARE the subspecies of Homo Sapiens, after all, as we are Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Homo Sapients, the parent, has two subspecies, one of which is extinct. Homo Sapiens Idaltu (extinct), and Homo Sapiens Sapiens (us). There is nothing beyond. There is no subspeciation beyond: we are it. To suggest otherwise is to misunderstand science and to perpetuate one of the most damning and damaging lies of modern times: racism.

With racism comes issues of superiority, and it doesn't matter which group claims it.

We assign value to life, and it doesn't matter which life. Yes, black lives matter. Of course they do. As does every other color, credo, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and so on. None of them equate to race; there is no race, and the suggestion otherwise is, by definition, racism, or the perpetuating of the false idea of race.

As race is a false idea, I'm sick to death of it as an excuse. The race card has no place in a conversation between intelligent people, regardless of their side of the aisle or the discussion.

We can go back not so long ago to the blow up at Ferguson, a race riot over a black man killed when he assaulted a police officer in his car, after robbing a liquor store (and was shot by the officer). Black Lives Matter was born (it started in principle with Martin/Zimmerman, but took off in Ferguson). No question that everyone should be treated equally and fairly, but during the period of those riots, a number of white men were shot by police, and nobody said anything about that. At its core, while it appears to suggest equality, Black Lives Matter is racist.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post