SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please Help Me Repair My Old Spatula
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Help Me Repair My Old Spatula Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same spatula. Picked it up at an antique market.

Of the three different spatula that I have, this one is my favorite.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
This is the most bizarre thread I've read here in awhile.
Vintage Spatulas? Spatula City? Scales for spatulas?
Oh my.

I think I'll retreat back to the cheese knife thread.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
This is the most bizarre thread I've read here in awhile.
Vintage Spatulas? Spatula City? Scales for spatulas?
Oh my.

I think I'll retreat back to the cheese knife thread.

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Buy some black epoxy, mix up a small cup and dunk the end of the spatula in it and let it harden. When set, sand, grind or file, all that isn't supposed to be there. Drill a new hole for hanging if you need it.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Buy some black epoxy, mix up a small cup and dunk the end of the spatula in it and let it harden. When set, sand, grind or file, all that isn't supposed to be there. Drill a new hole for hanging if you need it.

That's what I was thinking, only I would go with a red epoxy to give the handle a little zing

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:

Not a bad idea. I might do that if I don’t replace the handle. Thanks.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I inherited my grandmothers US made steel spatulas and meat forks etc that have almost identical handles. One came loose like that in almost the exact same spot and I had the broken piece and gorilla glued it back together and clamped for a few days. Good as new and the seam is not visible unless you are looking for it. I hand wash them as well as extra care. When my mom and aunt were cleaning out their marital home of 70+ years for sale, the 4 grandkids were allowed to take just about whatever they wanted, the rest was sold at estate sale. I grabbed up several pieces of the kitchen ware. Using them Reminds me of sitting in her kitchen while she cooked all kinds of amazing things. My cousin got her 1 cast iron pan that was the staple of about half her cooking.

The stuff that greatest generation was able to buy is great. All U. S. made and good for daily use for many decades.

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post