SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Sleep With Water By Your Side?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Sleep With Water By Your Side? Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Like, ya know, a glass of water sitting on your nightstand. Maybe Gatorade?

Question:
Do You Sleep With Water By Your Bed?

Choices:
Yes
No
I Sleep Underwater

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
Water always, Gatorade never. Water seems to quench my midnight thirst much better.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Water. But I've had past bouts w/ acid reflux and have had occasion to wake up needing an immediate slug of water. Otherwise I like the occasional sip when I role over and adjust my pillow(s).

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Water bottle, and over the last 5 years I've spent more night's in my rack below the waterline than in my $2k bed at home...

Posts: 664 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I actually drink more water after I go to bed than I do during the day. I must sleep with my mouth open because I have severe dry mouth at night.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have for over 15 years. I drink a gallon or more daily and reap the benefits. I have told people water lets me know I'm not a alcoholic.

I have left the house without a bottle of water and when I realize it I get almost a panic attack for a split second. I either turn around and go back and get one or stop at the nearest store and grab a bottle.

I can go a month without a beer or drink without a second thought. Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Jesus, NO!

I'm up to piss 3 or 4 times a night as it is, and that's on a GOOD night. Frown

I will occasionally rinse my mouth out if I've been snoring.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In Utah, always. The air is so dry that I need to have something to drink at night.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Always..Though purified is an absolute.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Bottle of water, mostly for the times waking in the middle of the night to a dry, gunky mouth/throat.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
No water but I got beer. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Yup, Ive got one of those Yeti knockoffs, with a little ice it keeps the water chilly to the following day.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No water but a P-226 and a CZ-75B handy.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have allergies & the meds make me very dry, I do not guzzle it, but just take a small sip & hold it n my mouth to relieve the dryness. If I actually drank it, I'd be up 8 times every night to pee

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I sleep with a Mossberg shotgun by my side. And an empty jar of vaseline on the dining room table.

I'm a The Night in training. Correspondence School.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I used to as I would have a large glass by my side and drink it as soon as I woke up. Read some articles that suggested water first thing in the morning was good for you for a variety of reasons: you hadn't hydrated yourself all night while sleeping, start your metabolism, start cleaning out your system.

Not sure if it made much of a difference but I sure did piss a lot after getting to work! Big Grin

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ha! Talk about piss a lot try drinking a gallon plus a day! I know where every public rest room is within a hundred mile radius! The price you pay for flushing your system I guess.
The benefits of joint health alone is worth it.
Keeps ya looking younger too fights those wrinkles and creases!

Not too mention when you do over indulge on adult beverages you hardly notice a hangover.
And I can't remember the last time I had a headache. I remember reading even minor dehydration contributes to headaches.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Ha! Talk about piss a lot try drinking a gallon plus a day! I know where every public rest room is within a hundred mile radius! .

Dude.

You're a guy.

The world is your urinal.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Always..Though purified is an absolute.

Truly pure water will make you sick. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14147 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Ice water is good to keep your kidneys working. I use Walmart's stainless mug and Pure-earth's counter top CTD-CB water filter instead of bottled water.

http://www.pure-earth.com/water-filters.html

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post