SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Sleep With Water By Your Side?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Sleep With Water By Your Side? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yes. Every morning when I wake up I chug the 16 oz glass to get the day's hydration off to a good start. Rarely do I have any overnight.

Fortunately my nightstand has a compartment with a door since I have a cat that likes to drink by dipping her front paw in water.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally water and a soda are nearby. I need to exit the bed to access either item, but I do not need to venture across the house to the kitchen to acquire them either.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Always..Though purified is an absolute.

Truly pure water will make you sick. Wink

Put it this way...it's tap water that tastes a little better! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
64oz double wall insulated growler packed with ice and water.

Found that having and using it simply makes me feel better. And it hasn't affected my "old mans' disease" of having to keep up every 2.5 to 3 hours to relieve myself. CPAP has made no difference but then again I've been on one since '97. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I keep two glasses by the side of the bed.

One full in case I get thirsty and one empty in case I don't.

(Engineer joke)

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4804 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
distilled

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Wow, the results of the poll are very surprising: 97% say YES!

I'm one of the few who don't. Even at 65, I sleep through the night, so a glass/bottle of water at the night table are meaningless to me.

Maybe it's because I've been a runner most of my adult life, and drink water copiously throughout the day. Emptying my bladder is the final step before I tuck in for the night.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yeah, always have, but I rarely find myself drinking it after lights out. I drink some water at bedtime and have it there in the morning to take a Prevacid--chronic GERD. I only drink during the night if something we ate causes elevated thirst.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always keep some by the bedside because of little night stalkers (my children)who are always thirsty for some reason. They are actually more like a herd of water buffalo.

Posts: 597 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Happy to see I'm not alone with my liter of water on my nigtand each night.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I have for years, other than when deployed. I have a CPAP now, and other than drinking, it helps when I occasionally open my mouth and dry it out. The only downside lately is I have been drinking a lot more water lately and tend to wake about 2am needing to pee.

Posts: 721 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Jesus, NO!

I'm up to piss 3 or 4 times a night as it is, and that's on a GOOD night. Frown

I will occasionally rinse my mouth out if I've been snoring.

If you have those two issues, check with your MD about a sleep apnea test, both are sure signs of the situation....

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
My wife got me in the habit of a bottle of water on the nightstand.

Posts: 481 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Bottle of Sparkling Ice of some flavor. I need the carbonation to scrape the crud from my throat (bad chronic sinusitis).

Bottle of water also.

Posts: 10192 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
My wife got me in the habit of a bottle of water on the nightstand.

My wife always has water, too, but I've not picked up the habit yet.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Water or G2. Just wake up thirsty sometimes.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Yup. 20 oz favorite glass full. Started following a kidney stone. Never stopped.

Posts: 1654 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to keep a (plastic) cup of water on the nightstand until the inevitable knock-over occurred. Now I have a plastic bottle with screw top. Don't use it much, but glad it's there when I want it.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Every night right before I go to bed I put a cup of ice water on my nightstand. Most nights I never take a sip, but some nights I wake up thirsty and take a drink.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Yes, especially if we've been out for dinner and the food had a lot of salt in it.

Posts: 9256 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post