SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clinton Campaign / DNC funded Fusion GPS dossier!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clinton Campaign / DNC funded Fusion GPS dossier! Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Regarding who the Republican candidate might have been who started the opposition research w Fusion GPS,

Jeb Bush spent $130 million on his campaign. So he had the $

McCain ?(he wasn't a 2016 presidential candidate) He has been as hard core antiTrump as they come. And he had the dossier and gave it to the FBI

I would guess Bush, followed closely in likelihood by McCain

Maybe Bill Kristol is in the mix. He was/is fanatical antiTrump.

Why isn't there massive pressure and public outcry for the REP candidate who started this to stand up and identify themselves? Someone must be feeling really uncomfortable right now.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Did they use it? No? Then they can hardly be held responsible for the fact that GPS Fusion went mercenary with information developed during the run-up to the primary election.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you gents, the USA dodged a bullet by President Trump being elected instead of that witch. I feel like I say this every few weeks here on SF, I'm just very pleased with the state of affairs. Lot's of truth coming to light.

The sour attitudes and assumptions of defeat are understandable after so many years of so many crooks escaping justice, but the tide is turning and I am optimistic. And even if the punishments aren't as impressive as we hope, or even if there are no punishments, the airing of truth is a good thing for our nation and I'll be happy with the delegitimization of the ruling D and R establishment.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I'll tell you gents, the USA dodged a bullet by President Trump being elected instead of that witch. I feel like I say this every few weeks here on SF....

I'll not tire of hearing it.
Never in my remaining days.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Regarding who the Republican candidate might have been who started the opposition research w Fusion GPS,

Jeb Bush spent $130 million on his campaign. So he had the $

McCain ?(he wasn't a 2016 presidential candidate) He has been as hard core antiTrump as they come. And he had the dossier and gave it to the FBI

I would guess Bush, followed closely in likelihood by McCain

Maybe Bill Kristol is in the mix. He was/is fanatical antiTrump.

Why isn't there massive pressure and public outcry for the REP candidate who started this to stand up and identify themselves? Someone must be feeling really uncomfortable right now.

Don't forget about Romney.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Can't help but speculate on who the Repub was that initially hired Fusion GPS. My money is on the Bush family on behalf of Jeb.

The Bush's is a safe bet. They then handed it off to their good pals the Clintons.

Much of Washington, including a great many "Republicans", is a safe bet.

Those in D.C. who sincerely wanted Trump to win would probably fit in my kitchen.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://news.grabien.com/story...-don-jrs-willingness

The DNC not only accepted this second-hand, uncorroborated information, but actually sought it out, financed it, and disseminated it through Washington.

Now rewind the clock to July, after The New York Times reported that Donald Trump Jr. had been approached by a mysterious Russian lawyer with an offer of dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Trump Jr. accepted the meeting but by all accounts, the lawyer had misrepresented her intent, and no anti-Hillary intel was exchanged.

Trump Jr. was quickly accused "treason" and "colluding" with a hostile actor. Some said he would certainly be going to jail.

CNN's Jake Tapper said, "It’s rather momentous: This can’t just be — this can’t be dismissed as people out to get Donald J. Trump Jr. or fake news. This is evidence of willingness to commit collusion.”

The former chairwoman of the DNC, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz , said the meeting fits the definition of collusion.

"Clearly, what we learned today is that the president’s son, his namesake, a senior advisor and someone who was in the top tier of the Trump campaign colluded, which is the classic dictionary definition of what that means," Wasserman Schultz said. "There is no question what Donald Trump Jr. agreed to do -- with relish, I might add -- is meet with a lawyer who he believed was affiliated with the Russian government to assist his father’s campaign and collect dirt on Hillary Clinton. If that is not the definition of collusion, I don’t know what is."

Clinton's former running-mate, Sen. Tim Kaine, said the meeting could constitute treason.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal also leveled charges of treason:

As a former prosecutor, my reaction was these e-mails are a textbook example and evidence of criminal intent. I can almost hear the closing arguments of the jury using “I love it,” repeating again and again, “I love it.” Those three words are going to haunt Donald Trump Jr. Because they are a clear signal that he is looking for information, dirt, on Hillary Clinton from the Russian government and expecting an agent of the Russian government to be providing it to him, and having the meeting showing, and again signalling, the Trump campaign is open for business. We will accept information no matter how it is obtained legally or illegally. And that is potentially a violation of the FBI, yes, treason, and it is potentially a violation of the prohibitions of defrauding the government through conspiracy, against cyber fraud and abuse. There are a slew of statutes that may have been violated here.

Attorney and former White House ethics czar, Richard Painter, became a fixture on the TV circuit, where he said the meeting could constitute treason.

Stephen Colbert summed up the hopes of many when he concluded that Trump Jr. was "going to jail."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweet from 19 Oct 2017:

"Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?"

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...who-paid-for-dossier

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I'll tell you gents, the USA dodged a bullet by President Trump being elected instead of that witch. I feel like I say this every few weeks here on SF....

I'll not tire of hearing it.
Never in my remaining days.
Kind of like the old joke about the old man who goes to the gate at the White House every day and asks to speak to President Obama....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The emerging mantra from the left is that this was "opposition research"; it is "common" and "happens all the time".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
One can only hope that this iceburg, the tip of which we're now seeing with the uranium scam and fake dossier game, is fully exposed with all the actors taking the beating they deserve. And by fully exposed I also include that young DNC Bernie supporter who was killed followed by what has been a botched investigation. My money still is on him being Assange's source and that the Clintonistas sought revenge.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The emerging mantra from the left is that this was "opposition research"; it is "common" and "happens all the time".

Oh, you mean like when the left made a big deal out of Don Jr. meeting with the Russian lawyer for dirt on Clinton...

Common like that? Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the USA dodged a bullet by President Trump being elected instead of that witch

IIRC, the first item on her agenda was to sell the door hinges of the White House. Collector's items.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Honest question here regarding this dossier/Fusion stuff:

Yes, we know that it was sleazy and unethical, but was/is any of it illegal?

That's what I want to know. I hope and pray every day that someone will put an end to the Clintons, and I'll die a happy man seeing Hillary, as well as Bill and his step-daughter, behind bars. If what they did here was not illegal, that won't happen. What will happen is nothing more than everyone knowing that the Clintons are sleazy pieces of shit...which we know anyway.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But now the rest of the story.....

This isn't a slam dunk. Read something like the Seattle Times. This is reported as a detached news story about a "notorious" dossier and "Officials have said the FBI has confirmed some of the information in the dossier. Other details have yet to be verified and may never be."

https://www.seattletimes.com/n...ut-russia-and-trump/

So anyone in a liberal area isn't impressed with this nothing burger.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Honest question here regarding this dossier/Fusion stuff:

Yes, we know that it was sleazy and unethical, but was/is any of it illegal?

That's what I want to know. I hope and pray every day that someone will put an end to Clintons, and I'll die a happy man seeing Hillary, as well as Bill and his step-daughter, behind bars. If what they did here was not illegal, that won't happen. What will happen is nothing more than everyone knowing that the Clintons are sleazy pieces of shit...which we know anyway.

Probably paying for a sleazy inaccurate dossier is legal. Lying about doing it is legal, but unethical, and could get Elias in trouble.

Passing it off as evidence, and conspiring to use it to justify FISA wire-tapping of Trump campaign is what will get somebody in trouble, I hope.

Unmasking Trump campaign people found during those FISA wiretaps is something else that needs to be investigated, and I hope those responsible go down.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Passing it off as evidence, and conspiring to use it to justify FISA wire-tapping of Trump campaign

This- Thanks saying it in a clear way. If you could prove the collusion between all the players this should be big.

It's a closed partisan loop entirely Democrat.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The other angle on the dossier is that the money to pay for it was funneled from HRC campaign/DNC through an attorney to FusionGPS.
What could get them in trouble? Well, it's not entirely clear the campaign properly documented what those payments were for in their FEC filings.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...nton-dnc-violations/

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee violated campaign finance law by failing to disclose payments for a dossier on Donald Trump, according to a complaint filed Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission.

The complaint from the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center said the Democrats effectively hid the payments from public scrutiny, contrary to the requirements of federal law. By law, campaign and party committees must disclose the reason money is spent and its recipient.

“By filing misleading reports, the DNC and Clinton campaign undermined the vital public information role of campaign disclosures,” said Adav Noti, senior director of trial litigation and strategy at CLC and a former FEC official. “Voters need campaign disclosure laws to be enforced so they can hold candidates accountable for how they raise and spend money. The FEC must investigate this apparent violation and take appropriate action.”

“Questions about who paid for this dossier are the subject of intense public interest, and this is precisely the information that FEC reports are supposed to provide,” said Brendan Fischer, director of federal and FEC reform at CLC. “Payments by a campaign or party committee to an opposition research firm are legal, as long as those payments are accurately disclosed. But describing payments for opposition research as ‘legal services’ is entirely misleading and subverts the reporting requirements.”

Drudge headline right now