SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sending a PM to other members for a new member.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sending a PM to other members for a new member. Login/Join 
posted
I just joined tonight as I was trying to PM a member that is particularly knowledgeable on P210's but it won't let me access their profile page since I'm so new. Is there any way around this? Wanting to find more out about a P210 for sale and don't really want to air this out to the entire Sig forum lol.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No PM's on this board

Change your message title using the edit feature and include " paging xyzMember" they can likely see your profile and contact you via email...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Any members registered after 3/22/22 cannot access other members' Profile page. You'll need to put your email in your Profile page, post in the WTS ad and ask the seller to contact you via email. PM function is not enabled on SF.

Q

Posts: 27445 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Joining just to buy something. I can't get enough of that. Because hey, it's why this place is here!

The really great thing is that after an FNG does this, they hang around to be part of the forum. Every time. Yep

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Joining just to buy something. I can't get enough of that. Because hey, it's why this place is here!

The really great thing is that after an FNG does this, they hang around to be part of the forum. Every time. Yep

Wow you guys sure are inviting. I'm a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter which I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not. I've been a part of various forums for 25 years or more and this may be the first one that hasn't allowed PM's.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just some FYI.

Para is the owner of SigForum.

Members have been burned by people coming in and just using the classifieds. There is a long history of these things.

Your 1st post set off red flags...

He frowns on folks joining just to use the classified section to sell and buy their goods and not being a participant in the community here first.

SigForum is a great place and Para is protective of his forum and the members.

Welcome to the forum.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zanemoseley:
quote:

Wow you guys sure are inviting. I'm a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter which I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not. I've been a part of various forums for 25 years or more and this may be the first one that hasn't allowed PM's.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
>>>>IT IS NOT SUNDAY YET!<<<<

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11183 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have cats?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, there are NO P210s for sale here, and no WTS listings even mentioning 'P210' going back to April 2021 where one might be available. It 'could' be that the P210 that the OP seeks is for sale elsewhere, or he could have been searching the WTB listings and identified a member that had one (or more!) that was offered. There have been multiple discussions in SIG Pistols re: P210s, so it 'could' be as simple as the OP wants to contact a member that seemed particularly knowledgeable on the P210.

He should probably 'air this out' a little more clearly so that he may find what he seeks. Doing so would remove all questions and either reveal innocent intentions, or a potential scammer. It could be an interesting discussion that others who are 'particularly knowledgeable' could contribute to as well. After all, we are SIGforum! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Weird that you haven’t run across this one yet, then.. it’s been around longer than that, and pops up pretty quick in my searches on any computer. That limb you climbed out on may snap if you aren’t mindful.

It’s wise to read and follow along the discourse for a bit, get the feel, so to speak. This isn’t a buy/sell site. It’s sort of a family, I s’pose, and I suspect the guys here want to get to know you a touch before they sell you a gun.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter...

Welcome to the forum. Please understand most of us are fairly well educated and intelligent folk, albeit a little rough around the edges. Seeing your response leads me to ask, WTF does that have to do with what Para mentioned, which is indeed a problem on the forum, and one you are actively attempting to contribute to.

This is Sigforum, what information regarding P210's do you seek?

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha!!!

When the OP wrote “P210”, my aviation brain IMMEDIATELY went to airplanes. I thought, who would be selling a Cessna P210 on this board? Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah…welcome to SIGforum. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Ha ha ha!!!

When the OP wrote “P210”, my aviation brain IMMEDIATELY went to airplanes. I thought, who would be selling a Cessna P210 on this board? Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah, around here, that's more likely to be a karma.

(Unlucky #1....)

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3347 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Me shoot gun good real good, go boom boom. You not do that!

Posts: 1592 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
According to Merriam-Webster:

forum - c: a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

Not wanting to air things out about a P210 is the opposite of the reason the Forum exists. Confused

Yes, there’s a way to work around the lack of a PM function:

Start a thread in the SIG Pistols section and ask your questions there.

Posts: 11537 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well, there are NO P210s for sale here, and no WTS listings even mentioning 'P210' going back to April 2021 where one might be available. It 'could' be that the P210 that the OP seeks is for sale elsewhere, or he could have been searching the WTB listings and identified a member that had one (or more!) that was offered. There have been multiple discussions in SIG Pistols re: P210s, so it 'could' be as simple as the OP wants to contact a member that seemed particularly knowledgeable on the P210.

He should probably 'air this out' a little more clearly so that he may find what he seeks. Doing so would remove all questions and either reveal innocent intentions, or a potential scammer. It could be an interesting discussion that others who are 'particularly knowledgeable' could contribute to as well. After all, we are SIGforum! Wink

You are correct. I'm looking at a very high quality P210-6 on another site and hoping to garner more info to make an informed purchase. I however don't need anymore more competition from other buyers which is why I didn't want to post a thread on the matter.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It's not uncommon for a few Glocks to be bought or sold here.
Pets are discussed often but most of us couldn't hit a bullseye if we tried, unless it was an accident. At least speaking for myself.
Now the NRA, that's been discussed a few times.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
“a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter” who doesn’t need competition in the open market? Confused

Man, life is hard.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17574 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post