SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sending a PM to other members for a new member.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sending a PM to other members for a new member. Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zanemoseley:
You are correct. I'm looking at a very high quality P210-6 on another site and hoping to garner more info to make an informed purchase.
Well, then, you've come to the right place. We've at least two members who are very knowledgeable about P210s - from the very first to the most recent.
quote:
I however don't need anymore more competition from other buyers which is why I didn't want to post a thread on the matter.
Then maybe you're in the wrong place, because SIGforum is a discussion forum.

The owner of the forum has made it very clear over the years: If you're not here for (preferably firearms-related) discussion he'd prefer you kept walking.

He also tends to cast a jaundiced eye on criticism of the forum he provides entirely on his own dime--asking no more than members abide by the few rules he's established, behave like adults, and demonstrate a modicum of respect.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] I'm a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter which I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not.[/QUOTE]

You know, at first, I was going to be very wary of assisting you as your first posts just screamed “Scammer” but then, when you announced that you were a collector and a master class NRA bullseye shooter, well, then I was just compelled to reconsider.

LOL. Who the hell says something like this?

Sure you are Sparky. Sure you are. That’s mighty impressive.

And we can also surmise that you are many other things.

But I can tell you what you’re not. You’re not going to be a member here come Halloween with an attitude, intent and approach like that.

0:01

Posts: 4279 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ ensigmatic lays it all out above. Follow his advice.

quote:
1. I'm looking at a very high quality P210-6 on another site and hoping to garner more info to make an informed purchase.
2. I however don't need anymore more competition from other buyers which is why I didn't want to post a thread on the matter.

Do you see how your two statements may be in conflict with the stated goals and objectives of the owner of this forum?

There is a section devoted entirely to discussion of various pistols. Any pistol question you have can be discussed there.

SIG Pistols
Discussion of SIG and other pistols.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/430601935

But this is not primarily a buy/sell site. There is no "competition from other buyers" here because that's not allowed here. That type of "competition" belongs on Gunbroker or another buy/sell site.

Furthermore, if you want to be contacted by someone here outside of the forum you have to have your email in your:
Member Profile for zanemoseley
It would also be helpful to state your location.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24571 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Your 1st post set off red flags...

What about his second post?

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Your 1st post set off red flags...
What about his second post?
Cool your jets.

Posts: 109011 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if sigforum was gonna give me a birthday gift this year and then..... Just on time.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4854 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are correct. I'm looking at a very high quality P210-6 on another site and hoping to garner more info to make an informed purchase. I however don't need anymore more competition from other buyers which is why I didn't want to post a thread on the matter.
You wanted to come in and use the back door to obtain information and you had no intention of being a participant in this forum. Can you see how we might have a problem with this?
quote:
I'm a collector and master class NRA bullseye shooter which I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not.
I don't follow your logic. Though not a bullseye shooter, I, too, am a collector. We have more collectors in this forum than you can shake a stick at. I'm sure we have some bullseye shooters as well, but none of that has anything to do with the way this forum is intended to be used, or the reason you've encountered some resistance.

If you're a resilient adult, none of this should be too harsh for you. If you wish to be a member, you are welcome here. If, however, you registered merely to pick a member's brains on the down-low and then disappear into the misty fog of the night, well...

Posts: 109011 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post