SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vodka cocktail ideas?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vodka cocktail ideas? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The wife and I got a fifth of Tito's Vodka from friends. Can you offer up any cocktail ideas? Simple stuff- three or four ingredients at most and I don't have any cott dam Angostura Bitters or whatever. I don't mind fruity drinks.

No, I haven't looked online. I'm asking SIGforum.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Dirty Vodka Martini ??

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Man I like a simple cranberry juice and vodka from time to time.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
A gimlet is very good. You can use vodka or gin. 2 oz vodka, 1 oz lime juice (bottled is fine), 3/4 oz simple syrup. Shaken with ice, strain into chilled coupe or martini glass.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Get a couple 12 oz resealable bottles.

Put 4 habanero peppers in one (halved and stems removed). In the other, put 6-8 whole vanilla beans. Fill both with vodka.

Wait 7 months.

In July you’ll have the absolute finest vanilla extract and something called, "hot shots."

You’ll thank me later. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Equal parts vodka, Campari, and vermouth with a couple ice cubes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
vodka and tonic water with a fresh lime wedge was my favorite.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Man I like a simple cranberry juice and vodka from time to time.

My wife used to occasionally enjoy vodka with Fresca and a splash of cranberry juice or cran-apple. I have to admit it's quite refreshing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Vodka martini, shaken not stirred.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Bloody Mary, or the eminently simple Screwdriver.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
If you like grapefruit, buy some ripe pink grapefruit and hand-squeeze the juice and add a couple shots of vodka to 6-8 ounces of juice. If you don't like grapefruit do it with ripe oranges. The fresh squeezed juice is wonderful. You can add some soda if you like a bit of carbonation.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Kamikaze

Shot of vodka
1oz triple sec
1oz lime juice

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Vodka,soda,ice and lime.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Tall glass, ice, shot of Vodka...I prefer Absolut, Ginger Ale and a wedge of lemon.

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Tito's is my weapon of choice when it comes to vodka. In warm weather Tito's mixed with pink lemonade and a splash of club soda or 7UP is always very refreshing. Otherwise Tito's with just 7UP and a twisted lemon or lime wedge is refreshing as well. Simple stuff don't need a fully stocked bar to make either drink.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Moscow Mule is as easy as it gets. Recommend Cock ‘n Bull ginger beer. Two ingredients, three if you want to get fancy and add slice of lime.

That ginger beer is available in diet as well if that matters, also just as good.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
We served spiced cider mules at our wedding which were a big hit.

Spiced apple cider, vodka and ginger beer (I prefer spicier ginger beer).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Muddle some mint leaves and spoonful of simple syrup or sugar. Add one or two slices of cucumber. Muddle the cucumber until it’s just pulp. Add a hefty shot of vodka, an ounce of lime juice and an ounce of soda water. Shake or stir. Strain over ice and add enough soda water to fill the glass. Enjoy. I really like these on a hot day.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Moscow Mule. Vodka, ginger beer, a little lime juice, and lots of ice.

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
vodka and tonic water with a fresh lime wedge was my favorite.

I'll 2nd this one. Tito's & tonic is my go-to for Vodka drinks.
Recently switched to Old Fashioned & figuring out my whiskey/bourbon tastes there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post