SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vodka cocktail ideas?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vodka cocktail ideas? Login/Join 
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
With cranberry and lime or a white Russian,

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sweet cream, orange juice and however much vodka you prefer to add. Get the mix right and it tastes like an Orange creamsicle. I’m a bourbon/scotch drinker but my wife’s aunt made the creamsicle drinks one year at Christmas and before I knew it I was tipsy. Way too easy to indulge if you like it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Some great recipes listed. I haven’t had a White Russian in a long time! Vodka goes with anything!

I like a Bloody Mary as well and the best mix I have ever had is Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix. Just mix it with vodka and add a celery stick.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Can't get more simple than a Screwdriver - Vodka and orange juice.
There's always the Phillips Screwdriver -- Vodka and Milk of Magnesia.

Or the Pile Driver… Vodka and prune juice.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all.

Gonna try the Moscow Mule for New Year's Eve, the wife and I. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Can't get more simple than a Screwdriver - Vodka and orange juice.

I like to lead a simple lifestyle with vodka. Screwdriver for me!

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Disgusting V Tail

Where's that pukey smiley?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thanks to all.

Gonna try the Moscow Mule for New Year's Eve, the wife and I. Looking forward to it.

A local variation I've had that was also good was the Monterrey Mule, made with tequila instead of vodka.
Local TexMex place makes a great one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You'll enjoy that para. The copper cup's a fun decoration, but it's good in everything from a Solo cup up to a crystal highball!

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Thanks to all.

A local variation I've had that was also good was the Monterrey Mule, made with tequila instead of vodka.
Local TexMex place makes a great one.

Another great one is a Kentucky Buck, using whiskey or bourbon. Or as it was named in San Antonio, the Texas Buck!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Got my ginger beer- both Q and Fever-Tree. They're chilling in the fridge now. We'll taste each ahead of making the cocktails, to see which we prefer.

Got my lime, vodka, glasses, ice, every damn thang.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The wife likes a peach mule, add a couple ounces of this

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Lemon drop

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/.../lemon-drop-martini/

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
For those that like a real spicy Bloody Mary, I have seen a touch of fine horseradish added.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
...I have seen a touch of fine horseradish added.
Oh, my, no.

On a roast beef sandwich, yes, but in a beverage...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, the wife and I just tried the ginger beer. The Fever-Tree is the favorite. The Q- there's a lot of stuff going on in that can. It's pretty far from what I consider ginger beer.

Of course, the vodka and lime will change it all up, so there's only one way to know which ginger beer makes for a better cocktail, and that's to try them both.

Yep, it's gonna be Two Mules for Mister Para Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two Mules for Mister Para
Big Grin

Cool

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan for Citrus flavored drinks. Lemon drop martini. Tastes even better if you use a frosted glass.

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of the lemon drop martini but "rim sugar" sounds like something you'd find on a prostitute's menu: "Rim Sugar- added services- 35.00"

Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the idea of the lemon drop martini but "rim sugar" sounds like something you'd find on a prostitute's menu: "Rim Sugar- added services- 35.00"

I was not expecting this, took a drink of ice tea which I had to clean off the monitor!!

Thanks Para, I really needed a good laugh tonight Big Grin

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post