SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPAP Users: Possible Safety Issue With Philips DreamStation Machines
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
CPAP Users: Possible Safety Issue With Philips DreamStation Machines Login/Join 
Member
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
REMstar, DOM S/N P10441976 68D1 Rev00 3.XX 20131214 Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
Serial Number entered is not affected when using the 1st 9 digits - adding the last 4 w/o spaces machine is affected.
P1044197668D1 - Serial Number is affected. Please register your unit.

SF - Is such a great place to visit. Thanks

So I went from all OK to Danger. I have never used a OZone cleaner so I'm not in immediate danger - 7 year old CPAP has served me well. I do have a Spare ResMed.
 
Posts: 341 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Happily my DreamStation Bi-pap isn't part of the recall. I don't use a cleaner, and live in a low humidity environment regardless.

Something's going to get me eventually, but evidently NOT my bi-pap.........
 
Posts: 89 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Contacted my supplier, they have the Airsense 10 in stock and sent them the new script for the unit.

Couple of weeks to process and should have the new machine...



 
Posts: 18349 | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
Happily my DreamStation Bi-pap isn't part of the recall. I don't use a cleaner, and live in a low humidity environment regardless.

Something's going to get me eventually, but evidently NOT my bi-pap.........


Make sure you enter the serial number of the BIPAP and NOT the humidifier which also is serialized.

I’m seeing reports on a CPAP forum that people are mistakenly entering the serial number for the humidifier and not realizing there’s another one for the main machine and getting a false negative that the thing is OK.


 
Posts: 29098 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
[QUOTE]
Make sure you enter the serial number of the BIPAP and NOT the humidifier which also is serialized.

I’m seeing reports on a CPAP forum that people are mistakenly entering the serial number for the humidifier and not realizing there’s another one for the main machine and getting a false negative that the thing is OK.


Dammit! You're right! I entered the serial number for the humidifier.....crap.......

Thanks!
 
Posts: 89 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well, mine is part of the recall and I've been using g a soclean for about 6 months.


Like guns, Love Sigs
 
Posts: 1190 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
7-14-21 email from resmed

You may be aware that another manufacturer, Philips, recently issued a voluntary recall and field safety notice for many of its continuous positive air pressure (CPAP) products. ResMed devices (including AirSense 10, AirCurve 10, AirMini, Astral, Stellar, AirFit masks, and AirTouch foam-cushion masks) are safe to use, are not subject to Philips’ recall, and do not use the same type of foam material linked to Philips’ recall and field safety notice.
 
Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
It’s difficult to think kind thoughts about a Company that is price gouging on a medical device.
 
Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Got my replacement machine today. No notice. It just showed up.
 
Posts: 3935 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Got my replacement machine today. No notice. It just showed up.
This is great news! I signed up for the recall same day you posted the link.

Which model are they shipping as replacement?



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 20548 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I signed up....mine's affected and I have a soclean. I stopped using ozone and replaced the foam but def need a new unit (it's at 5+ yrs old). We'll see if they ship a new one.
 
Posts: 2578 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I signed up....mine's affected and I have a soclean. I stopped using ozone and replaced the foam but def need a new unit (it's at 5+ yrs old). We'll see if they ship a new one.

you are eligible for a new unit after 5 years or 20000 hours. contact your supplier.


_________________________

The First Line of CBD Pain Formulas to ever get FDA Registered available HERE:


https://www.teampython.com


 
Posts: 7682 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I signed up....mine's affected and I have a soclean. I stopped using ozone and replaced the foam but def need a new unit (it's at 5+ yrs old). We'll see if they ship a new one.

you are eligible for a new unit after 5 years or 20000 hours. contact your supplier.


yes, I know, but I need a new script and my local sleep doctor is fraudulent with respect to DMG/suppliers and had a ton of billing issues due to their misrepresentations so need to find someone new to write one.
 
Posts: 2578 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
My replacement machine arrived 2 weeks ago as well. I can't remember exactly when I filled out the online form. But it was within a day or two of it being listed in this post.

Feedback on my new dreamstation2. I like the smaller profile and seems a little quieter. Not happy with the new water tank. Harder to open/fill than the older unit. I also miss the top swivel for the hose.
 
Posts: 603 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I signed up....mine's affected and I have a soclean. I stopped using ozone and replaced the foam but def need a new unit (it's at 5+ yrs old). We'll see if they ship a new one.

you are eligible for a new unit after 5 years or 20000 hours. contact your supplier.


yes, I know, but I need a new script and my local sleep doctor is fraudulent with respect to DMG/suppliers and had a ton of billing issues due to their misrepresentations so need to find someone new to write one.


Your medical records are legally available to you. Unless your insurance carrier is demanding a new test your previous script is acceptable.


_________________________

The First Line of CBD Pain Formulas to ever get FDA Registered available HERE:


https://www.teampython.com


 
Posts: 7682 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
a script more than 5yrs old is acceptable to order a new machine? I was told a new script was needed when I tried to do so.
 
Posts: 2578 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
My replacement machine arrived 2 weeks ago as well. I can't remember exactly when I filled out the online form. But it was within a day or two of it being listed in this post.

Feedback on my new dreamstation2. I like the smaller profile and seems a little quieter. Not happy with the new water tank. Harder to open/fill than the older unit. I also miss the top swivel for the hose.


My replacement arrived on Sunday. I agree with you about the new design. It is quieter to run (pleases Mrs Pulicords), but takes more time and effort to refill the water tank. I hope this doesn't mean it's more likely to break.

I sent back my old unit, after almost missing the instructions and enclosed FedEx shipping label. I don't know if they recycle them or what, but I don't mind returning a machine that I don't feel safe using as a backup.

Thanks again to SF members for posting this info originally and keeping us CPAP users informed!


"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 9669 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
a script more than 5yrs old is acceptable to order a new machine? I was told a new script was needed when I tried to do so.

We accept them, but some insurance carriers demand it.


_________________________

The First Line of CBD Pain Formulas to ever get FDA Registered available HERE:


https://www.teampython.com


 
Posts: 7682 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
This is great news! I signed up for the recall same day you posted the link.

Which model are they shipping as replacement?


I got a Dream Station 2
 
Posts: 3935 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Has anybody had a replacement/repair for a Dreamstation Go? I registered 7/20 & have had nothing since. It's a 2nd machine for travel (and that's not happening right now) so I'm not in a huge hurry, but do want to get it done.
 
Posts: 2979 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPAP Users: Possible Safety Issue With Philips DreamStation Machines

© SIGforum 2022